Talk

Advanced search

How do I sell my aga?

(10 Posts)
yogamat Wed 22-Jul-09 16:43:52

I have moved into a new house and have an aga I don't want. Does anyone know how to sell an aga second hand?
Surprisingly not as straight forward as I thought it would be!
Thanks!

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 22-Jul-09 16:44:54

google selling an AGA, will give you some choices.

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 22-Jul-09 16:47:17

Sorry should have said that will come up with companies who will buy it from you.

Millarkie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:10:45

You could put it on ebay - I've seen Agas for sale on there.
Or google your nearest Aga repair/sales people and give them a ring.

What type is it?

stressed2007 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:14:12

there is a thread on here with companies names somewhere - I think I posted it - can you find it that way?

shortie3 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:17:10

Yogamat,
We also inherited an Aga when we moved house which we decided to get rid of since it cost a fortune to run.

We googled a few sites that bought them 2ndhand, refurbed them and sold them for a profit.

We had a red 2 door one that ran on Gas which we got about £1000. They came and dismantled it etc in a few hours and tidied up after themselves. You probably will get more on ebay but this was a simple solution for us. When the Agas have been refurbed, they start at £4000+!

yogamat Wed 22-Jul-09 19:27:46

Thanks ladies
I have googled but the companies I've spoken to have been a bit rubbish - one offering £400!
I will have a look for that thread Stressed - thank you.
It's a black two oven gas one. Think it must be about 15 years old at least but then they are meant to last forever.
Very annoying to think the dealers make so much money for them, but as you say Shortie, it's the ease of them just taking them away.

HumphreyCobbler Wed 22-Jul-09 19:34:31

sorry but I thought it worth pointing out that due to recession agas are going cheap at the moment. Or so my aga engineer mate tells me.

stressed2007 Wed 22-Jul-09 20:27:55

not that cheap I suspect. Your average joe is not the kind of person to buy an aga recession or not.

shortie3 do you remember what company bought yours?

shandyleer Sat 25-Jul-09 20:34:54

Bumping this thread as I have exactly the same problem - ie, an aga I'd like to sell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now