Talk

Advanced search

Random question but how/where do you keep your fruit?

(5 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 21-Jul-09 15:17:24

Background - my DH is a bit obsessed with everyone having their 5-a-day, so he buys tons of fruit. He also likes having it available ready for eating, so I got a nice fruit bowl and started using that.

Trouble is, 1) he always gets much more than fits in the bowl at once (but if I put some of it away it gets forgotten and goes manky). And 2) he is really fussy about fruit that is at all old or marked, even the tiniest brown spot, and will refuse to eat it (yes silly I know). And so that he knows which are his "new" apples etc, he likes to keep it in the plastic bags or punnets from the shop, and throws a strop at me if I take it out.

The result is we have a bowl full of fruit but also half the worktop covered in scruffy plastic bags, nets and punnets of fruit in various states angry. We don't have that much space to spare - so please do you have any good ideas to sort it out?

PS I have tried the "make him sort it" tactic but the thing is it doesn't bother him! And I am at home more so get more annoyed by it.

craftynclothy Tue 21-Jul-09 15:21:06

Oh dh does the leave it in bags and punnets thing too.

I put it all in the fruit bowl except for a few bits that go in the fridge (usually things like blueberries, strawberries, that type of thing)

undercovercarrot Tue 21-Jul-09 15:34:31

We have something similar to this - http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Home-Chrome-Hanging-Baskets/dp/B0002HSFTY

undercovercarrot Tue 21-Jul-09 15:35:09

www.amazon.com/Creative-Home-Chrome-Hanging-Baskets/dp/B0002HSFTY oops sorry

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 23-Jul-09 09:46:41

That looks like a good idea actually! We are moving house in a while so will see whether one of those will fit into the new kitchen. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now