Talk

Advanced search

Using fabric conditioner - which section does it go in in the washing machine drawer?

(3 Posts)
helpivegottogivebirth Tue 21-Jul-09 12:24:47

I know the normal washing powder goes in the left hand side - does fabric conditioner go in the middle bit or the right hand hole?

And is conditioner supposed to flow in at the start of the wash with the detergent, or does it go in at a later stage?

I have never bothered before but now I have a baby i want soft towels. Advice appreciated.

bran Tue 21-Jul-09 12:28:39

It's in the middle on mine, the right hand one is for pre-wash. Conditioner goes in near the end, during the final rinse I think. You're not supposed to use it on towels though as it coats them to make them feel soft and that reduces the amount of water they can absorb. So they will feel soft but leave you damp.

dreamteamgirl Tue 21-Jul-09 14:52:55

Mine goes in the front at the left and goes in towards the end.

As bran said it does prevent absorbtion on towels as it coats the fibres making them sort of water resistant IYSWIM? Mind if baby isnt too wet maybe that isnt a problem?
Normall the fist one is for prewash, the 2nd with a little drain on it is condiotner and the main big one is powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now