kids are playing nicely having rescued various toys from soggy garden

I am boiling some eggs for a picnic
I think [thinks]we are off to the Wetland Centre by tube and bus
Ds1 is still asleep
Need to make sandwiches
Hang out washing on bannisters

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 09:19:58

Mission

Thanks for the thread, swan. Loads of rain here, to, and friends coming over for the day.

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 09:22:19

DD1 has only just got up. DD2 is asleepgrin

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Tue 21-Jul-09 09:28:29

Hello to all and thanks for the thread swanriver.

I need to pull my finger out. I'm not showered or dressed yet. I'll get cracking and come back with a list.

swanriver Tue 21-Jul-09 09:31:42

Ds1 has got up.
And turned on telly blush for half an hour.
Dts said "why is the telly on?" isn't that sweet...
Need to get dressed now and assemble things.

grouchyoscar Tue 21-Jul-09 10:42:25

Hello Again

Sorry to hear the sad news Galen I wish you every strength to get you and your family through this difficult time.

Thanks for thr threas Swan

Went on a Children's Centre trip to Sundown yesterday. Cracking weather, good company, Ed loved it and fell asleep on the coach on the way home <,bless Emo>> Today it is peeing it down so it's a PJ and Wii day and I'm catching up on housework from the past week.

DONE

Up, wash and meds
Make bed and draw curtains
Dust bedroom
Clean bath
Tidy bathroom
Make Ed's Bed
Tidy his room
Clear hotspot
Empty wm and sort for drying
Loadn delicates in WM and run
Empty DW
Put away
Clean out DW
Make breakfast
Feed the cat
Tidy kitchen and clean worktops
Sweep kitchen floor.

TO DO

tidy front room and find homes for his b'day stuff shock

BBL

TeaMonster Tue 21-Jul-09 11:21:29

Morning all

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to clean burnt on porridge from the bottom of my pan - vinigar, bicarb, soap powder etc

Now am heating lemons in pan to get rid of smell in the house as we are waiting for the SALT to come and do assesment on DS1 - we recond this would happen as he was born with a tongue tie.

I also have a councelling session later today to!!!

boys have been colouring and then playing in the garden till it started to rain, so have decided to do jellys with mum whilst I am at the docs.

Drop mum home
Drop DS2 to MIL
Then swimming lession
Collect DS2
Dinner
bath
books
bed

Also need to do some ironing and srepurposing of DH's old work shirts into painting smocks

LLB Hope you have a fab holiday.

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Tue 21-Jul-09 12:00:17

Hello again. I hope everyone has a good day.

Done:-
~ unloaded and reloaded d/w
~ cleaned up the kitchen a bit
~ got ready for work
~ started packing for the hols

I'm off to work now. See you again later.

swanriver Tue 21-Jul-09 14:49:12

We've come back from a great trip to Wetland Centre, lots of reeds water birds rushes and secret paths - topped off by an adventure playground. Picnic hit the spot, although dd started moaning at 2.00 that she wanted chips hmm

Now she's off to party round corner, ds2 has a tummyache and ds1 is pottering.
Think my swim is not going to materialize, will have to unbook creche as forgot about party blush

But feels very peaceful, think I might manage some housework now.

Brillo pads? TMH
That smell of burnt milk etc is overpowering isn't - makes me think of Jane Eyre and the horrible school where they have to eat burnt porridge.
Sounds like a nice sort of eventful day rather than a nasty sort of eventful day ifysim. Hope counselling continues as well as it has.

Oh and we need to paint the coil pots which havenearly dried.

Also I am going out tonight with a friend who wants to talk something serious through and has booked me...

crockydoodle Tue 21-Jul-09 15:31:46

To clean a burnt pan i put a liberal sprinkling of salt on the pan add a little water and boil it up. The burnt bits sort of bubble off and no scraping.

wendyredkitchenredspots Tue 21-Jul-09 15:38:22

crockydoodle I was just about to post the same thing!
Hi all
Rain all day here but my DS still in school til friday so been toddler group.
Just making cheesy muffins from my new recipe book, children been glueing all afternoon, now probably play dough I think. Lazy quiet day today, we are all shattered.
See you later

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 16:16:28

Burnt porridge pan......always make porridge in the microwavegrin Much easier to wash up.

We've had friends here all day, but house hasn't suffered too much as a result.

Tea is planned (leftover chicken and pasta), so only really need to hang wet washing on airer now.

grouchyoscar Tue 21-Jul-09 16:34:23

Further DONES

Vac front room
Vac stairs and landing
Dust bedroom
Buy quick pressy for DH b'day
Ed pressies in an organised pile
Bring down dry washing and put away

Spent this afternoon tolerating coping with my M (Long story, we have no relationship and are estranged as, well, she's strange TBH) Ed loves his pressy and I am proud of myself for not letting her wind me up for once shock

Might make the evening meal tonight, just do wedges and grab something from the freezer.But chemistry with Ed first

swanriver Tue 21-Jul-09 18:22:48

[I'm surprised you say that Jas,my porridge always explodes in microwave]

pot painting going well
jungle party a success lots of bananas
a friend has given us some imax tickets for Science museum for tomorrow hurrah
still not done any housework though
tried ordering some bookshelves for our bedroom

need to think of supper
and hang out clothes still...

wendyredkitchenredspots Tue 21-Jul-09 20:02:48

hiya everyone
well done grouchy on surviving your Mum!
swan jungle party sounds like fun! Would love to go to Imax, still not made it yet

Ordered an Organised mum diary so I can fill it in on hols [sad and ridiculous emoticon]
Ordered lots of reading books for DS - he can read well but already but starts in Reception in Sept and I want to encourage him to read his school book (think he will not want to as he will already be able to do it! He is really bad at showing off what he can do)
Made cheesy muffins - 24 mini ones and 4 large ones all gobbled by 4 of us blush - good job the dc had eaten lots of fruit and veg already today as that was their tea! Feel myself getting fatter and fatter!

see you tomorrow, better get off the computer before my credit card explodes ...

Jas Tue 21-Jul-09 20:38:37

It is a spending day today.

I've ordered wall stickers for ds and dd2s new room, and geeky stuff which I'm hoping will get dd1s new computer online.

Washing is hanging up (inside) and jobs all done. I'm going to sit down and read a book I think.smile

(The secret to porridge in a microwave is a very large plastic bowl, then it doesn't boil over)

TeaMonster Tue 21-Jul-09 20:52:34

Evening all

Seems like good days were had by all.

Not much done on the cleaning front

Seems sewing machine has died a death, so I am collecting mums old one when we take her to the hospital tomorrow.

We made traffic light jellys after my councelling session, which was rather emotional both myself and my counceller were in tears blush, but very very positive. She is an expert in dealing with disfigurement and long term illness, so knows her stuff, she also gives really practical solid advise smile

wendy I need to do some baking, muffins sound nice can I have the receipe please.

Groucy Well done on the mum front - I still use my mummy mantra "I am not responsible for my mothers happiness" - plus have sent you a mail.

Swan picnic etc sounds good. I too have never been to an imax.

crockydoodle Tried salt first, didnt lift it, but at least it is clean now.

Jas I would noramally microwave, but need a new bigger pot, as DS1 will eat loads and I too like it.

Simply How is the ironing going???

I have been updating my blog, please comment or join me as a follower - I am billy no mates on it!!! here I have loads of exciting stuff to come - yeh right!!!!

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 21-Jul-09 21:10:22

Hi all
been collecting poorly children from school, bathing foreheads and wrapping teacher gifts. Want to guess how many???

15 including office staff.

Only small things, but we make hand painted wrapping paper, so took aaaaaaaaaaaaages!

One more day then we are free range!

Glad session went well Monster - I bet you are exhausted after that. Do you really feel disfigured? I have a lot of scars on my legs and one on my face (from different injuries - but not incurred as dramatically as yours) and whilst I don't show them off (not much of a skirt wearer, and I tend to fake tan the old face), I kind of view them as war wounds. Are boobs all wrapped up in femininity and all that? I was talking to dd about your op, and she asked me what I would do in that situation and I said I would do exactly what you had done. Still a cost involved even with the right decisin I guess though sad.

Anyhow, take care all

mwah, mwah

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Tue 21-Jul-09 22:35:52

Sorry TM. I wrote a comment asking how long to wait for each layer to set before pouring on the next layer, but I don't know which profile (I think it is) to choose and so it wouldn't let me do the anonymous one.

I did some ironing recently so I've only got a load or two to do. I could have done some tonight but dd wanted us to watch a recorded "A Touch Of Frost" programme together so we did!

Right. Off to bed! Nos da pawb. Good night all.

Jas Wed 22-Jul-09 07:18:28

Wednesday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now