Talk

Advanced search

Mud, glorious mud

(7 Posts)
barbarapym Mon 20-Jul-09 21:51:50

Just got back from a festival - knee deep in mud all weekend. DD fell over and covered entire self in it on Friday, so her clothes and the mud dried out completely in the meantime. Cute little 'skort' ( skirt/shorts combo thingy) which I really love now has really ingrained mud stains which haven't come out despite two washes at 30 then 40 degrees, and a 2 hour soak in Vanish in between. Any ideas? (The stains are sort of grey, rather than brown - wondering if there might have been some oil in there somewhere as everything else has come up ok.)

HaventSleptForAYear Mon 20-Jul-09 22:01:04

Oooh - were you at Larmer Tree? We are currently washing all our stuff - hope it comes out!

Sorry no ideas!

barbarapym Mon 20-Jul-09 22:04:43

Yes - we were - it was fab wasn't it, despite the rain!

barbarapym Tue 21-Jul-09 10:34:48

I decided it was oil or grease in the end and tried a 'top tip' from one of those American sites that always comes up when you google stain removal ( or is that just me!?) Anyway Fairy Liquid has worked a treat, so I thought it was worth passing on. (Only you have to hand wash, obviously, or you will have a washing-machine-spouting-foam nightmare!)

HaventSleptForAYear Tue 21-Jul-09 11:15:36

Great. I will look at our clothes now and see if they've come up ok.

HaventSleptForAYear Tue 21-Jul-09 11:19:59

ps did I talk to you in the adventure playground on Sunday?

barbarapym Tue 21-Jul-09 12:27:35

No, I don't think it was me although I was in there quite a bit! DH took the kids in for an hour on Sunday morning while I read the paper...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now