Talk

Advanced search

what is the best way to clean my kitchen floor?

(7 Posts)
misshardbroom Sun 19-Jul-09 08:54:53

It's that sort of laminate that looks like tiles rather than strip wood, slightly textured.

You're starting from a position where it has a layer of crumbs, cat hair and various types of detritus. Under that are several distinct sticky patches and an overall level of dirt, especially in high traffic parts of it.

missingtheaction Sun 19-Jul-09 08:55:27

get a dog.

misshardbroom Sun 19-Jul-09 09:00:40

not sure I can obtain one before DH gets home!

DrNortherner Sun 19-Jul-09 09:03:51

Hoover or sweep first, then mop. We use a bit of washing powder in our mop bucket.

cyanarasamba Sun 19-Jul-09 09:04:27

Keep it simple.

1) apply dustpan & brush

2) Few inches of hot water in a bowl with a dot of washing up liquid & the merest spot of bleach. Wet a dishcloth in this & wring out well, then on your hands & knees with you.

Tinkjon Tue 21-Jul-09 09:20:41

You can't wash with lots of water if it's laminate though. I hoover my laminate then wipe with a baby wipe - the area is small though and if you have a big kitchen I certainly wouldn't suggest getting on your hands and knees with a pack of baby wipes! You can buy proper mop thingies to clean laminate floors with.

BonsoirAnna Tue 21-Jul-09 09:22:15

Hoover first. Then get down on your hands and knees, with a bucket of some strongly dilute all-purpose cleaner and an e-cloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now