Talk

Advanced search

Thursday Fly - Errand Day, or...Adventure Day...?

(19 Posts)
swanriver Thu 16-Jul-09 09:31:46

Everyone has slept late, so I have

Tidied my bedroom
Taken down laundry
unloaded dishwasher
cleared breakfast

TO DO
Now need to switch off cbeebies
check on slumbering ds1
hoover playroom
hang out overnight washing

make scones with sour milk for guest
dress dts
a few ideas for today: start interesting chapter book with children
sneak in some vp before dd forgets everything
ditto handwriting
more ideas needed - will brainstorm

littleboyblue Thu 16-Jul-09 09:36:27

Morning swan was just thinking about starting thread myself grin
Done
Morning routine
Washed nappy wrapper
Charging batteries
Packed todays change bag and handbag

To Do
Attend smoking clinic
At friends for playdate
Go Tesco
Puree more food for ds2
2 15min sessions in boys room to make up for not doing it yesterday
15 min flat rescue (run around with hoover in one hand, duster in the other, mop up bum grin)
Bloody ironing

Me, dp and ds1 are havin steak, chips onions and sweetcorn for dinner and ds2 is having pureed sweet potato and broccoli.

littleboyblue Thu 16-Jul-09 09:42:58

P.s. I don't actually put the mop up me bum grin ykwim grin

swanriver Thu 16-Jul-09 11:25:38

Several false starts
but kids have settled down, and at last are doing their own thing after various little spats (havng to entertain visitor by myself at one stage)

Ds1 is feeling much better, think he has sweated it out overnight, but now a bit of a bolshy teenage prescence. Still not in walking mode.
Ds2 hs had a relapse and has been sent back to bed with the ds lite
Dd is dancing grin

wendyredkitchenredspots Thu 16-Jul-09 12:07:30

hiya all
Had such a busy week. Dealing with a wasps' nest, being stung and a bad reaction to it (only me, not the dc thankfully! grin), girls' night out and subsequent hangover, my birthday (yesterday) and DS's school summer fair ... phew
Wasp nest gone, had to wait in for three hours for man to remove it yesterday (my birthday grr!!) and he didn't turn up. Phoned another bloke and he came 9 this morning. It was really big, glad we didn't tackle it ourselves. So now our decking bench has been crow barred up shock
Just been to sports day at ds's nursery - lovely. He won two races smile and was very proud of himself!
Went to see Harry potter last night - enjoyed it despite inevitable plot changes and it was good to get out.
Went to buy a new oven yesterday cost £££! sad if you remember the old one blew up and the second oven (there were two single ovens hmm) has stopped working properly. So it's been an expensive few days really!
Hope all are well here - RL just getting in the way of my being on here atm.

scattyspice Thu 16-Jul-09 12:32:51

Hi all.

Swan - Hope you are all soon flu free.

LBB - your cleaning style sounds like mine lol

Wendy - good to see you again. Happy birthday for yest. Wasps nest sounds a PITA.

To do
get cards and presents for school and nursery together
find appt card for dd club foot appt on Fri
wash and dry spare clothes for nursery (dd's continence has relapsed)
Bathroom floor
clean fridge

bbl

TeaMonster Thu 16-Jul-09 14:35:29

Afternoon all

I had a pants morning, wont bore you with the details (tis on blog)

But dones

Shopping
New duvets
some washing
Councelling
cup of tea

To dos

Make lasagne
More washing
More washing
More washing
Ironing
More shopping tonight

Got to collect the boys

swanriver Thu 16-Jul-09 16:15:42

Done
sandwich lunch
dcs to park for little runaround (ds sat under a tree)
Another post-flu friend to play from next door (playing v. happily in garden now)
Boys are still pretty much a handful, screeching complaining annoying each other but have put them in front of Pingu (about their level)
Made some choc chip cookies, which then had to retrieve 5 mins in to add more flour as always get recipe wrong..

Feel v. relaxed grin

All the washing sound grim on blog TM.
I'm on top of washing, have completely abandoned ironing, but washing up and hoovering leave much to be desired.
After a few set tos with dds, she has written a chart of what she wants to do (well at least for tomorrow) and when she wants to do it, rather than this dreadful, I want to go shops now to spend pocket money, I want to go swimming now this minute, I want to ride my bike this minute, make sweets etc etc, see xxx, why can't we ...?

Wasps' nests - feel for you Wendy
Scatty - hope work is fine
Prof - hope you are getting some time off soon

Rght, sink is calling. Q politely.

scattyspice Thu 16-Jul-09 16:22:34

Hi again.

swan - sounds like a good plan smile.

Tea - sorry you had a pants morning. Hope all is well now.

Done:
nursery/school run (more stuff come home)
stuff for work
laundry reboot
BR floor

TeaMonster Thu 16-Jul-09 16:24:53

There is no way I am going to get 2 duvets (1 superking) washed and dried today, so have resorted to buying 2 really cheap ones

grouchyoscar Thu 16-Jul-09 16:30:02

Hello

Ed has finished year One! Where did my baby go?

Been to the prize giving assembly, been for breakfast and done the final dinnerlady stint - On top of my morning routines and pegging out/bringing in

Going to have strong words with the disobedient tyke before he thinks he has 6 weeks of ruling the house

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 16-Jul-09 18:28:35

Hi all
crazy day in school - all very lovely, but being suited, booted and on good behaviour all day is exhausting. Plus another thank you gift from school!

I really need some time at home, just to decompress and actually be a bit domesticated!

Am producing chocs 10 at a time (only have 10 moulds!)

Where is your blog monster? Sorry to hear you are joining me in poverty Wedny!

Grouch - I think you need to be an Ed Whisperer - break his spirit and stand on him to show him who is alpha in your house!

TeaMonster Thu 16-Jul-09 18:55:02

here you are prof blog

wendyredkitchenredspots Thu 16-Jul-09 19:13:59

hi all
thanks swan and scatty - there is a large hole now where the wasp nest was!
Just watched the vid of sports day! OMG I look huge! I have put on 5 lbs since we moved house, think it's time for serious action not just pretending! Definitely going on the choc/cake/cheese wagon as of tomorrow!

See you later

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 16-Jul-09 19:14:31

That is so cool. I wish my dc had a mum like you!

i am def inferior model. eg I pinched your frozen treasure idea, but did not read all, so instead of toothbrushes and saline, if gave them spoons and butter knives!
<<hangs head in shame>>

TeaMonster Thu 16-Jul-09 20:08:07

Prof I am sure the boys would have liked the spoons and butter knifes better, but boys and knifes dont mix.

Water spray can be leathal

scattyspice Fri 17-Jul-09 08:02:59

Over here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/good_housekeeping?call=NewConversationPage

wendyredkitchenredspots Fri 17-Jul-09 08:04:00

Friday

scattyspice Fri 17-Jul-09 08:05:17

Follow wendy (I did it wrong again).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now