Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me who looks around and thinks why bother???

(6 Posts)
kidcreoleandthecoconuts Mon 13-Jul-09 16:07:54

Just want a bit of a rant really....
Am I the only one who seems to spend their life cleaning and tidying without seeming to achieve anything? For example today i have already tidied/cleaned the kitchen twice ( once after b/fast and once after lunch) and it already looks like a bomb has hit it! You really wouldn't think I'd touched it at all today. And that's only one room....the rest of the house is the same. It never looks clean and tidy no matter how long I spend trying to keep it decent. I don't know why I bother. Rant over....thankyou smile

Makingchanges Mon 13-Jul-09 16:37:36

Not just you - frustrating isn't it. I can tidy up for hours in a day and then when DH comes home he things I've been sat on my backside all day cos by the time DD finishes nursery and I've cooked tea - It looks like it did this morning.

I've offered to switch places with him to show him what happens but sadly I'll be back with the washing up tomorrow

kittycatty Mon 13-Jul-09 19:52:00

Same here also, getting me down at the moment. and why do people always turn up the day you say sod it and dont do a thing?

thisisyesterday Mon 13-Jul-09 19:57:24

no, i am the same.

i should be cleaning and tidying and doing some ironing ready for hgoing away on weds.
but it all seems so utterly futile

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 11:31:13

Cleaning is futile. I'm new to Mumsnet so don't know what DH and DS mean. I used to work full time so I have always had a routine. This means you can forget cleaning once it's done. Mon I hoover and mop all through and clean bathrooms. Tues on week 1 I dust and polish upstairs and week 2 downstairs. I don't do one room at a time but I do it by jobs. Eg on Thurs I clean all the mirrors/computer screens etc. I hoover on three days a week and that's your lot. I write the routine down as losing my memory. Strangely, although I feel that housework isn't a hassle people think I'm obsessively tidy. I'm not. Outside the routine I just let it go. Having a routine keeps things under without having cleaning constantly on your mind.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 14-Jul-09 12:05:10

ChristieF DH=dear husband DS=dear son
I must admit having a routine has helped in the past. I even tried FLYLADY for a while but I found I obsessed about it!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this anyway! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now