Talk

Advanced search

hoover/vacum cleaner - which one?

(8 Posts)
DLI Sun 12-Jul-09 20:35:29

My hoover is slowly dying on me and i need to replace it. i have a ds who is five and a dog who sheds hair badly so i need a hoover that will work well. i cannot afford a dyson but have heard some bad reports about them in any event.

I have had an electrolux, hoover and samsung in the past. This last one was a cylinder hoover and i now want to go back to an upright. What can anyone recommend? My budget is about £100 but the more i can save the better.

thanks

notnowbernard Sun 12-Jul-09 20:37:11

Henry

The builders' choice

anchovies Sun 12-Jul-09 20:44:38

I know you said an upright but I'd personally get a Miele. This one is within your budget and code PEGP or maybe SHD1 should give an extra 10% and free delivery

LovingTheRain Tue 14-Jul-09 07:36:12

The Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner is fantastic grin I think it's called "Dyson DC24 Allfloors" or something like that!

The cylinder which collects the dirt is quite small but I empty it everyday so it's fine

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 11:22:49

I've had a Vax cylinder for 18 years and it's fantastic. Never broken down and suction great. Also have a website where you can order bits like the reuseable cloth bag I use with it. We have 2 dogs and 2 sons so it's worked hard. Would only ever buy Vax. It was dear at the time - £150 or so but worth the money. Everyone I know who's had a Dyson finds it breaks down on them. Not sure they last very long and the prices are ridiculous.

CherryChoc Tue 14-Jul-09 11:24:54

Ooh, would like advice as well. Similar budget. Does the vax do ordinary vaumming as well, I thought they were carpet shampooers?

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 13:37:23

My old vax which I still use is the orange cylinder which is a combi hoover and carpet washer. You can still buy then and they have many others to choose from these days. I only use that as a hoover. It's a hassle to switch it to a carpet cleaner. I recently bought an upright Vax that just washes carpets. Very impressed. Washes flat carpets and has a tube that does upholstery and stairs. Look in Argos or on Amazon. Vax has a great choice of hoovers. I always buy the middle price in appliances.

SparkyToo Fri 31-Jul-09 22:47:19

look at a Sebo - they're great. I've had mine for 10 years and it's still going strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now