Talk

Advanced search

Sun Screen Stains. How can I get rid of them?

(8 Posts)
SOLOisMeredithGrey Fri 10-Jul-09 10:37:31

My daughter has the most gorgeous summer dress which has got sun screen stains on from where her arms rubbed against it and around the neck and arm trims. Does anyone have any idea how I can remove these stains please?

TIA.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 10-Jul-09 21:58:36

What is the dress made from? I've got it out with washing up liquid on cotton velvet - but it does depend on the fabric.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Sat 11-Jul-09 00:22:19

Hmmm...not sure, probably either cotton or poly cotton. Will check. It's printed too, so need to be careful whatever I do with it, but may try washing up liquid ~ thanks!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 11-Jul-09 17:27:40

Washing up liquid won't hurt in any case.

RorysRacingMa Sat 11-Jul-09 18:36:29

Nothing has worked on my daughters clothes - I've just had to bin them - linen dresses, t-shirts anything really.

petitmaman Sat 11-Jul-09 20:01:06

i have just managed to get most of mine out with stain devils. little yellow pot says use for lipstick, oil etc i think on the front. had to get it from our local hardware store. hope it helps

JulesJules Sat 11-Jul-09 20:07:53

I was successful with a combination of stain devil, fairy liquid, and machine wash with ariel bio complete with scoop of Vanish! This was on school dresses though, so pretty tough material.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Sun 12-Jul-09 01:37:01

Thank you all! I will give them all a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now