Talk

Advanced search

This week we'll mostly be discussing laundry.

(8 Posts)
fruitstick Mon 06-Jul-09 09:18:07

OK, I do not hang out a lovely washing and do regularly leave it on the line overnight.

I'm sick of a constantly overflowing laundry basket and the house is always a tip with diry/dry/ironing littering the place.

So I ask you organsied people,

do you just have one central laundry basket or do you divide it all up. I'm thinking it may make life better if I divided the laundry up to make it easier to put away (DH shirts, mine, DS, baby, sheets etc)

Or am I making life much more complicated.

Please stop my house looking like Widow Twankeys.

LadyRaRa Mon 06-Jul-09 09:30:10

Right this is how i do it. It kidn of works but its a 5 man activity not oen woman.

dirty washing in ONE box in bathroom
then i divide it up into loads ofbathroom floor
I divide into
whites( very hot) like sheets etc
whites 40( kids polo shirts) wiht a low spin to minimise ironing
coloured fast spin( thick cottons - jeans and boys pants)
coloured slow spin( poly school uniform etc)

I take the pile concerned to the machine and process it.
I haev an Ikea metal rack on wheels near the maching( in an integral garage) where i have three piles
* pants etc to sort
* non irnoning washing to be put away
* ironing

and occasionalyl I get a rack out and fold teh pants or put into piles according to owner.

said owner then has to take it all up and put it away

i do sheets on Fridays.

LadyRaRa Mon 06-Jul-09 09:31:05

Oh shirts are done on a super low spin and hung behind a door to be ironed when the will takes me

McDreamy Mon 06-Jul-09 09:31:42

I have a laundry basket upstairs and one downstairs to chuck all "dumped" dirty clothing angry

I do at least one load a day and I aim to put away one load a day. I try to iron as I go along but that doesn't always happen so sometimes end up doing a session every few days.

I have rearranged my cupboards & drawers so clean clothes are easy to put away.

Having said that the armchair in my bedroom is full of clean clothes yet to be sorted! hmm

LadyRaRa Mon 06-Jul-09 09:34:42

here is storer

LadyRaRa Mon 06-Jul-09 09:35:30

NEVER let it creep into the house unless in piles to be takne upstairs

fruitstick Mon 06-Jul-09 09:37:09

Lada rara that looks brilliant but my washing machine is in my kitchen so would only add to the Widow Twanky look [envy}

LadyRaRa Mon 06-Jul-09 09:38:39

have you anywhere you can keep it? No integral garage you dont use for cars?
or alternatlively you will just need to keep on top of it and put it straight away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now