Talk

Advanced search

new washing machine

(22 Posts)
ismellofbabysick Sun 05-Jul-09 11:29:21

I'm looking to get a new large drum washing machine, probably about 8kg. Have looked on the Which? best buys, but I trust your opion more.
All suggestions welcome.

blowbroth Sun 05-Jul-09 13:37:09

Bosch every time. My dh used to work for an electrical store and he always said they were best and the least returns cos of faults

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 05-Jul-09 14:28:39

We got a new one a while ago and I did a bit of research. Bosch seemed to come out top. Also Miele (not sure of spelling!) but they are a bit more pricey. So we got a Bosch one and I'm happy with it.

ismellofbabysick Sun 05-Jul-09 17:51:20

thanks.I think Miele is out of my price range I'll have a look at Bosch

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 05-Jul-09 18:09:40

I bought this Hotpoint one recently and very pleased with it.

It's very quiet, fast spin and easy to use.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 05-Jul-09 19:43:01

I was just about to start a thread about the exact same thing!

Any other opinions??

ismellofbabysick Sun 05-Jul-09 19:55:06

the chap in my local shop recommended a siemans. Any one got one?

ismellofbabysick Mon 06-Jul-09 13:09:24

IwishIwasmoreorganised I've just found a great website dedicated to washing machines!!
www.washerhelp.co.uk

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 14:02:14

My uncle works in white goods and he said only ever buy Bosch, Siemens or Miele. We bought a Bosch one and are very happy with it.

ilove Mon 06-Jul-09 14:04:09

I have a siemens...bloody brilliant machine

Fimbo Mon 06-Jul-09 14:06:57

DesperateHouseWife - I got that exact same machine delivered on Thursday!! Its fab and I love it.

Fimbo Mon 06-Jul-09 14:07:42

I was without a washing machine for 2 weeks, so you can imagine the build up I had. I got through the lot in 2 days thank to the 8kg drum.

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 14:18:20

Hi Fimbo, my oven and washing machine both broke within a week of each other.

I was without a washing machine for less than 2 weeks and months later, I'm still without an oven. The time without the washing machine was much worse than an oven!

I used this company btw Appliances Online. They delivered in 2 days and were very competitive on price.

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 14:19:54

If I was getting an oven I'd choose a Neff every time.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 06-Jul-09 21:51:19

we've gone for this one

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 22:21:59

IwishIwasmoreorganised, that is exactly the same as mine (and Fimbo's) except mine is 'aluminium' not white.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 06-Jul-09 22:27:47

And you're both pleased with yours??

Hope it turns out to be a good one - I hate trying to figure out what's a good buy with white (aluminium!) goods.

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 22:36:12

Yes, pleased with mine. I like the larger drum and the fact that it is soo quiet.

Haven't used the dryer much though' I try to avoid it.

My last one was 10yrs old, so you'd expect a new one would be much better!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 07-Jul-09 20:49:32

Ours doesn't have a dryer I don't think <confused emoticon>

DesperateHousewifeToo Tue 07-Jul-09 21:40:42

Ahh yes, very confusing. Yours is 'WMD', mine is 'WDD'.

Same buttons on both but some of mine do slightly different things.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 08-Jul-09 09:32:33

Ahh, I see! - I thought I'd got a real bargain then!!!

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 11:42:39

We always buy Bosch machines if poss. Having two boys of 14 and 16 we have gotten through quite a few washers. Feel guilty that we don't buy British. But in my experience Bosch lasts and lasts and never breaks down. Dishwasher also Bosch. We buy the middle priced one and not one that's too fancy. We have had one (not Bosch) with over the top computer screen and of course it didn't last a year and far too expensive to fix. Husband chose that one on his own! Important to have low electricity use and one that detects how much water it uses so it can use as little as poss especially if you have a water meter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now