Talk

Advanced search

water at the bottom of fridge

(11 Posts)
ihatethecold Sat 04-Jul-09 16:51:32

does anyone know why i keep getting lots of water at the bottom of my fridge, im having to empty it out each day. its an untergrated one if that makes any difference
TIA

FigmentOfYourImagination Sat 04-Jul-09 16:56:36

mine gets a water build up if the drain hole at the back is blocked. On the back wall of the fridge (where the frost/ice collects sometimes) there is a gully and a drainage hole so that when the frost melts on the back of the fridge it just drains away rather than pooling in the bootom. Get an ear bud thing (the little stick with cotton wool on the end) and poke it into the hole to clear the gunk in there.

ihatethecold Sat 04-Jul-09 17:27:04

i dont think its blocked. i do poke around abit. but will try with an ear bud
i think the fridge is gonna conk out on me soon.

ihatethecold Mon 06-Jul-09 09:51:46

bump, anyone

pushmepullyou Mon 06-Jul-09 11:33:32

mine gets a water build up if it is over full and particularly if there is anything touching the back wall of the fridge.

Could also happen if the seal isn't working properly

bamboostalks Mon 06-Jul-09 21:27:07

Figment Just want to say thanks so much. My fridge has been very wet at the bottom and have been mopping for months. Didn't even know there was a drainage hole. There is and it was totally blocked! Cue ear bud and all is well. I have a great sense of satisfaction now. Thank you!

choccyp1g Mon 06-Jul-09 21:35:09

I had this problem, but now I am worrying, where does the drainage hole lead? Is there a big pool of water building up underneath the fridge now?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Jul-09 21:38:15

It's either blocked or unbalanced. Get a spirit level and check level and adjust feet accordingly, and clear out the drain.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Jul-09 21:38:52

I had this problem too, I used a chop stick and poked it, it did the job.

I've no idea where the water goes though.

ihatethecold Tue 07-Jul-09 12:27:41

will try all the ideas, thanks everyone

Lilymaid Tue 07-Jul-09 12:41:09

Drainage hole generally leads to a narrow little tray/tank at back of fridge. Any water there generally evaporates, though if there were a lot - e.g. if you spilt water down the hole, it would overflow.If the drainage pipe is blocked, put a bit of tube down it and blow hard, that may clear it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now