Talk

Advanced search

keeping my washer clean?

(5 Posts)
emmab16 Wed 01-Jul-09 09:00:50

Hi, I have just started the rather nasty task of cleaning the mould out of my washing machine drawer & round the seals. Does anyone have any tips on stopping it getting so bad? It has been a year since I did it, but I do always leave the drawer & door open after a wash.

thanks

Housemum Wed 01-Jul-09 20:37:47

Do you have a Bosch by any chance? I had one, so did a friend, they both got really manky - the only advice from customer services was to run a hot "maintenance wash" with no clothes in every so often. Still ended up scrubbing with bleach and a toothbrush on the dispenser drawers, the seal on ours didn't get too bad so I don't know what the naswer is as I think bleach would rot it - hopefully this bumps the thread for someone more knowledgable?

emmab16 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:26:41

I will try a hot wash with no clothes in it today - thanks for the tip. It's such a nasty job cleaning it out isn't it!!

themoon Fri 03-Jul-09 11:36:11

Mine's a bosch and the drawer gets extremely black and mouldy. I put the actual drawer into the top of the dishwasher, but the hole it goes in is a nightmare to clean, even with a toothbrush.

somewhathorrified Fri 03-Jul-09 11:57:41

A cup of vinegar in an empty cycle helps keep it clean. For the drawer etc, use very hot with vinegar in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now