Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for what to put on the wall above my fireplace?

(7 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Tue 30-Jun-09 15:58:25

Yesterday DH was playing with DS's new ball and proceeded to bounce it off the picture above the fireplace, which proceeded to fall off the wall and smash angry. So we now have a blank space above the fireplace (to which DS (20 months) keeps pointing at shouting 'daddy, daddy!' how funny).

Any ideas on how to fill the space? Another picture? Or a mirror? Or something else I've not thought of? Or nothing?

ipiratethief Tue 30-Jun-09 16:00:03

i like a nice big mirror myself, and then ban dh from playing ball anywhere near it!

Ripeberry Tue 30-Jun-09 16:01:27

Another picture. Mirrors above fireplaces are a bad idea. Getting clothes alight and that kind of thing!

ipiratethief Tue 30-Jun-09 16:07:02

? i don't understand about the clothes thing!

Fimbo Tue 30-Jun-09 16:09:19

Every house I have ever owned over the past 20 years have had mirrors over fireplaces, sunlight streaming in on them etc and nothing bad has ever happened.

Ripeberry Tue 30-Jun-09 16:43:29

If you have an open fire and a mirror above the fireplace then its not a good combination. Lots of modern clothing, especially kids clothing sad can catch fire very easily.

turtle23 Wed 01-Jul-09 09:06:10

Not to everyone's taste....but they are unbreakable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now