Talk

Advanced search

When on freaking earth do we not have window and door screens in this country?

(15 Posts)
KerryMumbles Mon 29-Jun-09 14:14:58

And UK as well.

FFS

I am sick of these black flies.

I am going to start a new business. I was in Croatia and there were screens on every window. Same as in the States.

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 14:16:57

you can buy them, just google

fluffyanimal Mon 29-Jun-09 14:17:33

Where are you? Are you not in UK, as you say UK 'as well'?

Google it. They can be bought in UK at least. I proved this once to an American friend who was always complaining that window screens weren't the norm. It's just a cultural thing that we don't tend to bother with them in the UK, but they are perfectly readily available.

KerryMumbles Mon 29-Jun-09 14:17:45

really????

KerryMumbles Mon 29-Jun-09 14:18:05

i'm in ireland

paisleyleaf Mon 29-Jun-09 14:18:48

Lidl do great mosquito netting that comes with sticky-back velcro to put around your windows.

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 14:19:38

i think we just don't have them as the norm becuase we'd use them for such a short time each year so it isn't really worth it

but yes, they are definitely easily available

KerryMumbles Mon 29-Jun-09 14:21:04

off to lidl. i have googled and they're all EXPENSIVE looking. Fgs. They cost nothing in the states.

MarshaBrady Mon 29-Jun-09 14:25:35

The flies are revolting I agree, but I still don't want to have screens or close the French doors <stubborn>.

Disgusting little creatures - eyes up bad big ol fly in room.

paisleyleaf Mon 29-Jun-09 20:35:20

and I've just this afternoon seen more of that netting with the velcro on the back of my SIL's betterware catalogue.......looked quite a bit more expensive though

moocowme Mon 29-Jun-09 21:40:06

we made our own in Australia

i have never understood why you don't have them in the UK.

auntilin Mon 29-Jun-09 21:45:58

Aldi have them cheapat mo

southeastastra Mon 29-Jun-09 21:47:18

just buy raid, one squirt and they're dead

GrapefruitMoon Wed 01-Jul-09 12:26:41

KM - my friend's mother had a door screen on her back door - also in Ireland (she had lived in the US for a long time!) Don't know where she got it from though - I would think she got someone local to make it for her (or she might have made it herself - she is quite handy at stuff like that)

Bonneville Wed 01-Jul-09 12:41:13

Weve got the Lidl stuff. Got all our windows open. Its great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now