Talk

Advanced search

Why does my non-Bio washing powder/liquid just wash in the stains??

(11 Posts)
herbgarden Thu 25-Jun-09 19:48:52

And then they're impossible to ever get out.

I find it really annoying. Anyone found a brand which does the trick ?

Somehow I reckon that only Biological will do the trick.....but with a newborn DD I don't have much choice.

mrsmaidamess Thu 25-Jun-09 20:03:33

Have you tried treating before hand?

AMumInScotland Thu 25-Jun-09 20:23:23

Heat tends to set stains, so you might be best to pretreat them by soaking in a bucket of warm water and a biological product, before washing them as normal.

CherryChoc Thu 25-Jun-09 20:25:31

Is her skin sensitive to it, or are you just being careful? I used bio powder on my DS' clothes from newborn and he has never had a problem with it. I know some babies are sensitive though

Try drying things in the sun, it works wonders!

whyme2 Thu 25-Jun-09 22:42:44

Pre treat with vanish bar and then wash as normal. if you're stuck a normal bar of hand soap also does the trick.

DaisymooSteiner Sat 27-Jun-09 03:40:20

There was some research recently which indicated that bio might actually be better for sensitive skin than non-bio. Certainly, when one of the dcs was in cloth nappies she got horrendous nappy rash when we washed in non-bio which cleared up completely when we changed to bio. I'd give bio a try....

nannyL Sat 27-Jun-09 11:55:13

I agree use bio

there is no real reason why you have to use non bio.... i have come across several children who react to fairy / persil non bio, but not other brands.

if you are worries just wash a few and use the extra rinse funtion on your machine, so things are rinsed really well and there will be less trace of detergent.

I have used bio products on a baby who was just 4 weeks with no issues.

inscotland Sat 27-Jun-09 21:38:34

I use Bio but use a scoop of vanish stuff with my wash.

inscotland Sat 27-Jun-09 21:38:49

that should be non bio

Danceswithchickens Sat 27-Jun-09 21:58:26

use ecover bio

Meglet Sat 27-Jun-09 22:00:25

my two tend to get excema, but it makes no difference whether we use bio or non bio. I always thought it made it worse, but I got sick of all the clothes being grubby and changed and they are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now