Talk

Advanced search

I have fricking weevils or somesuch in the pasta. I am a clean person. I practice good hygeine

(8 Posts)
shinyshoes Thu 25-Jun-09 00:04:07

WTF causes them and why have they invaded my pasta? Loads of the bloody things, black and small and dancing around in the water that I put in the saucepan.

<shudders>

How do I get rid and why are they there!!

expatinscotland Thu 25-Jun-09 00:04:52

Yuk. They may be coming through cracks and crevices in your walls.

treedelivery Thu 25-Jun-09 00:06:55

Urgh!!

GrimmaTheNome Thu 25-Jun-09 00:07:40

I think it happens if you get one pack of something which has pests (or their eggs) in them.

We got weevils from some organic flour.

You have to have a major chuck-out of anything not sealed in the same cupboard and then clean out thoroughly.

treedelivery Thu 25-Jun-09 00:08:23

I found slugs living in a creme egg easter egg I had forgotton about. It was on the floor in the pantry
I dropped it and ran 2 floors up.
<<shudder>>

shinyshoes Thu 25-Jun-09 00:15:45

sad

will do a clean out tomorrow then.

I have a HUGE bag of just opened pasta.
A HUGE bag of just opened rice.
couscous, lentils, and a whole cupboard of other stuff I have bought over the past 6 months to save money and bulk out foods.

I can't believe it all has to go. What a waste sad

lwfh Thu 25-Jun-09 00:18:20

I had cockroaches in my kitchen. Ugh. An ex-sports journalist who discovered that there was more money in fumigation came to nuke them.

PS am not in the UK. Just sympathisig really.

thirtypence Thu 25-Jun-09 00:21:40

You need to get everything into airtight containers from now on. Once we had them the little buggers kept on coming back.

The pasta can go back to the supermarket for a refund - as can anything else you got there which is now affected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now