Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about toy storage and toy rotation

(6 Posts)
fruitstick Wed 24-Jun-09 19:45:23

Ok, I realise this is as futile as the quest for the school run mac, but I need toy storage.

DS (3) has too many toys and I don't know what to do with them. He has a toy chest but it's rubbish as everything just gets thrown in and then he can't find anything.

I have those really useful boxes (A4 size) for jigsaws and play doh and the big ones for duplo. I also have some tub trugs for random things. He also has a train set, garage, boat, farm and numerous random things.

It all looks such a bloody mess, everything is different sizes and he can never find anything.

I also think he has too much choice and would be much happier if I reduced his choices. Do you rotate your children's toys. If so, how often and how many do you leave them?

I dream of living in the GLTC catalogue, they all look so beautifully ordered.

word Wed 24-Jun-09 20:34:41

I like to keep the marble run in the garage because:

1) If it was kept inside I'd be skidding on bl**dy marbles and tripping up over the millions of plastic bits all day long.

2) When they do have it out, it's a real treat; they play with it properly, it's put back properly and I earn brownie points.

fruitstick Wed 24-Jun-09 21:17:00

My husband has just bought a bloody marble run! I curse him frequently as it has so many pieces and DS gets frustrated that he can't do it himself and bored when we try to do it for him.

Garage here we come grin

broguemum Wed 24-Jun-09 21:26:39

ikea
trofast
saved my sanity

for a while at least.......

word Fri 26-Jun-09 18:11:36

If you have the rellies living nearby, a good plan is to leave some toys at their house. Especially the noisy ones! grin

bubblagirl Fri 26-Jun-09 18:29:43

we rotate every 6 mths of books etc fave toys such as Disney cars stay we put on free cycle and arrange pick up when his in bed he doesn't notice there gone and can get loads shifted in one night

the rest charity shop or sell any good ones books colouring ones we'll bin also i have sent lots of stuff to local ss who give to disadvantaged families

we have one box of games one crafts and we work it out this way now if it doesn't fit search through for oldest not played with and move it on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now