Talk

Advanced search

Flying ants..............AGAIN grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

(8 Posts)
startingagain Wed 24-Jun-09 18:42:46

I just don't know what to do!!!!!

We get them in the kitchen every year, but usually in July, they are early this year. They are soooooooooooo DISGUSTING and there are so many of them.

I spray the edges of the kitchen i put powder down in the corners but they seem to hatch at between 5/6pm each evening, i can't cook dinner it is so horrible.

I am facing about another four weeks of this and i am going mad!!

I called the council pest people and he just said that they don't deal with flying ants and to put some orange peel downshock That won't work as they fly and don't crawl!!!

Has anyone, anyone at all had any success in getting rid of them?????

LightShinesInTheDarkness Wed 24-Jun-09 22:44:00

You need to find the nest - then pour boiling water all over it.

startingagain Wed 24-Jun-09 22:50:14

Thanks LSITD, although i think i really must be under the floor somewhere, how i will find that i don't know!!!

decafgirl Wed 24-Jun-09 22:58:56

Aaagghhh! We've got them too! Hubby's just hoovered them all up blush and shoved a load of powder in the gaps... think we're doomed for the summer xxx

startingagain Wed 24-Jun-09 23:54:27

decaf, have you had them before? I have had them for several years now, they always come about July time, this is abit early. The problem is they come out early evening every night for ages.......It really gets me down.
By the way, the pest people told me to make sure you put ant powder in the hoover if you are vacuming them up so that they die!
I am wondering about getting a builder in and somehow getting him to look under the floor, big job though i thinkshock

startingagain Fri 26-Jun-09 12:48:32

I am going to keep on moaning about these......they still keep on coming......more and more each afternoon....i am sick of it.

Tonight i am lighting the bbq and cooking out there....can't handle it much longer!

ChristieF Fri 17-Jul-09 12:13:44

Get some Ant Stop bait stations from BandQ. Best thing we've ever used. Took a couple of days but not an ant seen since. They take the bait back to the nest and that kills them all. Read that ants fly only at mating time.

startingagain Sun 19-Jul-09 16:42:48

Oh that might work, thanks. I just thought that as they fly they wouldn't go near the bait things, i did buy a couple of that sort of thing, but too late i think. They were already flying when i put the bait things down. I think next year i will put them all around before flying time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now