Talk

Advanced search

Oh FGS - why am I so crap at ironing?

(9 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Tue 23-Jun-09 16:27:57

I just spent 30 mins ironing a bloody easy iron fitted sheet and it still looks crumpled.

I am so fed up with it, I cannot face doing the rest.

I wish some nice ironing lady would put up an advert in the newsagent. I keep checking but never seen anyone offering ironing services yet.

ilove Tue 23-Jun-09 16:28:44

Why on EARTH are you ironing a fitted sheet??????????????????????????

foofi Tue 23-Jun-09 16:29:16

Fitted sheets are quite difficult really smile

ClaireDeLoon Tue 23-Jun-09 16:34:51

Because I want it to be nice - I bought new fitted sheet, top sheet, pillow cases etc and a lovely new white bedspread and it all looked so nice and crisp when I put them on and I washed them and now they look like a discarded origami experiment

ClaireDeLoon Tue 23-Jun-09 16:35:24

I might have a cold drink and attempt the top sheet - will that be easier?

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 12:28:14

You need a better iron. Just bought Azure from Phillips (great reviews on Amazon). Under thirty quid and fantastic. Extremely hot and so much steam I have to iron near an open window. I'm 48 so I've had lot of irons in my life. This is absolutely the best I've ever had. I assume you use fabric conditioner as makes ironing easier. I never iron sheets but do iron one side of duvet covers. Sheets crumple as soon as you get into bed.

dreamteamgirl Wed 15-Jul-09 17:23:35

Have to agree on the Azure, I bought one last year and it is amazing. Before I never ironed anything. Now I iron everything- even fitted sheets.

BTW, the way to do fitted sheets is to fold them first I think as tightly as you can, and really yank on them to make them straight.

Actually I dont always iron my fitted sheets round the edges, just in the middle

QuelleSodMaMingeEstItchy Wed 15-Jul-09 17:25:01

I think if you remove the words 'so crap at' from the subject line you will be asking the right question

dreamteamgirl Wed 15-Jul-09 17:35:14

grin QuelleSodMaMingeEstItchy

You just made me literally LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now