Advanced search

Monday Flylady

(60 Posts)
MaggieTulliver Mon 22-Jun-09 08:18:32

zone - master bedroom

Kelly's Mission

babysteps

MaggieTulliver Mon 22-Jun-09 08:20:02

Hi all, those of you who knew me as FGS and EV will know I am supposed to be supr-organised. Have been a bit lost lately so plan to dig out the fly routines as a starter.

MaggieTulliver Mon 22-Jun-09 08:22:44

MASTER BEDROOM
=============
Polish furniture
Clean off dressing table
Clean under the bed
Clean windows
Clean window sills
Dust cobwebs
Empty bin
Sort out bedside tables
Flip mattress & Change bedding
Clean skirting boards
Hoover

WARDROBE
======
Sort through clothes
Arrange shoes
Sort out shelves

Jas Mon 22-Jun-09 08:28:12

Ah, was just wondering who you aresmile

Will do school and nursery run, then either morning routine, or painting. Not really sure what I am going to do yet today.

dylsmum1998 Mon 22-Jun-09 08:56:49

morning maggie and jas

ds is off on his first week away with the school this morning, so a mix of emotions here, nervous (me) excitment (ds).

have so far managed
strip dc beds
load into washer
dress all
dc breakfast

need to
dd to nursery
ds to school trip place
tidy
hoover
wash up
s&s bathroom
mission, shouldnt take long as i choose the bedroom as my extra room last week grin
clean out shoe/coat cupboard

BBL

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 09:09:59

So far DONE
made a lunchbox
showered and dressed & dr dcs
violin p x 2
dcs made their beds
sponsorship form and cheque for ds1
recorder lessons form for dd and money
cleared breakfast
put cereal back in cupboard
gave ds2 his scrapbook for show and tell
found 2 waterbottles, 2 "school" biros
took dcs to school

Now
cup of coffee
followed by
routines hmm
oh yes, make bed [changed sheets yest]
washing away
unload dw
pour bleach down loos

bbl when completed wth EXTRAS
take out rubbish and recycling

Wolfcub Mon 22-Jun-09 09:13:40

morning all
hope all are well and mad is enjoying her holiday

I am at home this week with ds

done

bed made(ish)
dw loaded and on
dp taken to work
ds fed
bathroom s&s(ish)
dealt with a bit of (only just realised it) important paperwork from nursery
washed up

am full of cold and recovering from friends hen weekend - to say I feel rough would be an understatement.

Jas Mon 22-Jun-09 09:56:13

I've decided to pain this morning, as I can do the housework when ds is here this pm.

Dylsmum - Our yr 6 have gone away this week, too. Lots of teary mums in the playground. DD1 has decided she doesn't want to go, so I will be spared it next year.

Wolfcub Mon 22-Jun-09 09:58:43

done

washing hung up
wm reloaded and on
ds fed second lot of breakfast
phoned east re missing trousers
folded dry washing and added to ironing mountain
watered baskets on kitchen side of house
got rid of out of date stuff from fridge and clingfilmed the things dp clearly couldn't be bothered to do

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 10:01:14

Already completely bogged down dealing with paperwork silting up hall....aargh
but have managed to take a pile of dh's bank statements and letters from hs mum to go upstairs - that's something..(to add to his appalling paperwork pile)

Garden looks lovely grin

wll press on [albeit hopelessly it seems]

MaggieTulliver Mon 22-Jun-09 10:22:14

Hi everyone,

DD2 off sick from pre-school so I'm not at work. Have completed my morning routine, and done some work from home.

About to have a cuppa and will then go and tackle my bedroom as per Kelly.

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 10:46:27

Hi all
Have decorated a birthday cake for my friend. Was my first 'serious' attempt. Not as good as she can do, but it often seems the cake-maker gets forgotten for their birthday! Am q pleased with it actually. Have made sugarpaste butterflies and then made tiny beaded butterflies on wires to use as cake jewellery but I cannot put those in until tomorrow. DH is away and I am so needy for approval, I may even post a pic grin

I do adore the creative bits - helps make up for the soul destroying ironing/cleaning that is so repetitive.

Should get down to mundane stuff now - how hum.

Am loving the wifi camping!

I wonder if your DD will stick to deciding not to go on residential trip Dyl - she might want to go next year and you will weep with the rest of the parents grin.

Am amazed at high numbers of the 'bendy wendy' club here though grin

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 10:48:16

done dw
more paperwork sorting - each envelope s another pandora's box creating more and more mess...and more hotspots
taken lots of thngs upstairs
sorted out stuff from handbag - put recepts in one place,copper coins in club collection tin
about to hang out wshng
bin emptied
recyclng pled in hall

audley Mon 22-Jun-09 10:55:45

Good morning everyone, hope you all had fab weekends, we spent yesterday in Southend with my dad and had a lovley time.

Done so far
Shopping for the week
Collected prescription
Morning routine
Sorted toy box in sitting room
Bagged up some clothes for the loft

Will now tackle the master bedroom as instructed! DS is asleep and I am hoping to watch some Wimbledon (and clean sitting room windows, skirting, all over dust/ polish etc.) I would usually iron with the TV on but my basket is empty shock

This evening I want to plan activities for the next several Saturday's so I don't have a repeat of the one just gone.

Jas Mon 22-Jun-09 10:58:36

Prof It is my dd who isn't going. You have to commit 13 months in advance in order to pay in installments, so there is no option to change their minds! DYls ds has already gone.

Please post cake pic and I will admire and praisegrin

I have paint all over my face/glasses/teeth (I appear unable to close my mouth when painting the ceilingblush).

Off to clean up before nursery run.

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 11:01:01

oops - inadvertantly kidnapped Dyls dd and sent her on mystery school trip!

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 11:12:49

well I am more stumpygrumpy than bendywendy, can hardlytouch my toes and constantly dropping thngs or tripping over at the mo

I am of the low motorskills/Impressionist/Turner/Mr Blobby school of cake makng - mke it and dec in 90 mns flat lke to bring it with great flourish in semi-gloom, tell everyone what is meant to represent, (Nevada desert, poodle, wshng chair) and then cut it up as quickly as possble. Luckily I am the ONLY person in my whole extended famly who can even bake, so they are lucky to get anything.

Mkng prog here. kitchen almost clean. Supper planned, and defrosting.

dylsmum1998 Mon 22-Jun-09 11:15:43

<<<<sits sobbing at the thought of both dc going away for the week>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> grin

dd only 3 so they wouldnt take her yet grin

blimey Jas 13 months is a long time in advance to commit to something. we had to sign up in sept for this trip. we had to take dc to the adventure place, not so bad as it is local, but lots of happy children leving there mums who determined not to show hthier feelings smile. it is very strange kowing he has gone for the week and i can't phone him etc to see how its going.
anyway must get on with some housework
BBL

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 11:16:02

cake on profile - only took me 6 attempts to do it - fgs!

dylsmum1998 Mon 22-Jun-09 11:20:28

blimey prof that cake is excellant well done!!- can i book you know to make dd's next birthday cake???

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 11:21:29

Ds1 is already talking non-stop about his Yr 5 trip (in Sept) where you get shock chocolate spread - for breakfast.
Apparently they will be covering the entire year's geography curriculum in five days - and it's not a geography trip.

Wolfcub Mon 22-Jun-09 11:26:30

prof that cake is fabulous

swanriver Mon 22-Jun-09 11:32:36

Very beautiful and elegant, love the beaded butterfly bit too.

Hello Audley - hope you get towatch some Wmbledon.

audley Mon 22-Jun-09 11:40:13

Wow beautiful cake. Can't imagine not seeing DS for a week, haven't left him with anyone over night yet. I am dreading him going to school, but I expect to be more than up for it when the time comes in 3 or so years, will probably be shooing him out the door grin
Am just back to see what to do in the bedroom!
Have been hoovering and put away shopping
Have approx 20 minutes until DS gets up then will do lunch

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 22-Jun-09 11:55:41

aw thank you
<<grateful for approval>>

I cannot imagine not seeing any of the dds for a week. DD1 did 48 hour Brownie camp, which felt v strange. They do the occasional sleepover, but a trip is a proper rite of passage isn't it.

I guess Dh would cope better as he is used to leaving them, albeit with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now