Talk

Advanced search

Steam generating irons

(6 Posts)
babyOcho Sun 21-Jun-09 20:28:21

I finally bought one this week and we love it.

It says that if you live in a hard water area that you should used distilled water. Does anyone else use distilled water in their iron? Is there an alternative?

foofi Sun 21-Jun-09 21:06:58

Don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid, but have also been considering buying one for quite a while. What make did you buy? (Also in a hard water area so will watch for advice... ) smile

babyOcho Sun 21-Jun-09 21:28:35

I had some John Lewis vouchers, so got the cheapest one they do online. It arrived the next day.

I have just gone back to work and the ironing pile has got bigger and bigger. Tonight the whole lot has been done, now we have run out of hangers!

FourArms Mon 22-Jun-09 14:28:40

I got this one when it was on offer last week. It is noisy, and having read the reviews, apparently this isn't usual, but we got it on the spur of the moment, so didn't read the reviews first. blush

Don't use distilled water, but have really soft water here (haven't descaled my kettle in 5 years!)

foofi Mon 22-Jun-09 17:00:52

Is yours noisy too babyOcho?

babyOcho Mon 22-Jun-09 21:15:09

Yes it's noisy. Need to turn the TV up when I'm ironing.

Anyone know about the distilled water?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now