Talk

Advanced search

How can I really clean a halogen hob? Mine has rings on it still...

(11 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Sat 20-Jun-09 20:54:27

I have scrubbed with brillo pads, cillit bang, hob cleaner but it still have rings on it that will not go. Is there anything that gets them off as it looks like I never clean it blush
THanks

navyeyelasH Sat 20-Jun-09 21:07:23

I use one of those razors / metal scrapers. I got it from ebay but lakeland do them too I think. HTH

Oh and hob-rite

drlove8 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:08:47

steam cleaner- works on everything! grin

bodiddly Sat 20-Jun-09 21:09:09

a razor blade or Lee & Perrins and salt - and then a razor blade!

LadyOfWaffle Sat 20-Jun-09 21:34:52

Blimey! Thanks. THey are a nightmare

bodiddly Sat 20-Jun-09 21:37:15

mine is pretty good actually - you do have to get into the habit of wiping it when it is warm and keeping a razor/glass scraper to hand for any spills. Mine is nearly 5 years old and looking much better than if it were gas!

Goober Sat 20-Jun-09 21:41:12

Bloody hell! Brillo pads?? It will be scratched.
I use HOB BRITE cleaner. Orange bottle, blue label.

LadyOfWaffle Sat 20-Jun-09 22:06:05

I've used the hob brite stuff since it was new (few months ago blush) I think milk boiling over a little while ago has made it a million times worse. I shall try these

AnarchyAunt Sat 20-Jun-09 22:15:04

Um.

I am going to sound v v stupid here. We moved into a rented house with fitted cooker a while ago and it had a hob I assumed was electric, but wondering if it is in fact halogen.

How can I tell?

blush

LadyOfWaffle Sat 20-Jun-09 23:30:49

Halogen are the totally flat glowing ones (I think?) Ceramic (?) electric are like little raised black plates.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Sat 20-Jun-09 23:36:35

Bicarb on a damp cloth might be worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now