Talk

Advanced search

Am sooooo stressed, having house guests, working all week, house a mess HELP

(14 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Sat 20-Jun-09 18:38:15

I have been having a bathroom fitted which is now done and is getting painted on Monday by my wonderful nephew. I was meant to doo it but this frees up a bit of time.

Anyway, I have guests coming on Friday for a long weekend, am gooing on holiday the following Friday, house a mess following bathroom fitting, worrking ALL week (mornings only tho), kids are untidy little buggers andd I am sooooo stressed out by it that I could sit in a corner and cry.

Oh and tomorrow is wiped out completely as dd has her gymnastics display and I am a parent helper. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 20-Jun-09 18:39:38

Forgot to add I need shopping for them coming and must make a lasagne for dinner on Saturdaay night too.

crokky Sat 20-Jun-09 18:40:50

Can you stay up really late every night to tackle it then?

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 20-Jun-09 18:41:53

I think I am goiing too have to but then I will be a wreck when they come. Why must we be so messy????

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 20-Jun-09 18:48:09

????????????

SlartyBartFast Sat 20-Jun-09 18:55:27

step away from the computer
and tidy your hosue!

grin

SlartyBartFast Sat 20-Jun-09 18:56:37

personally i find it easier to get house tidied the less time i have,
a quick whizz every afternoon you are home shoudl do it

zeke Sat 20-Jun-09 19:13:23

Can you afford to pay someone to do the cleaning for you? I know a lot of companies will do one off cleans. Maybe getting someone in for 4 hours....

Lovemyshoes Sat 20-Jun-09 19:15:58

Can you not shop online?

trefusis Sat 20-Jun-09 19:22:42

Message withdrawn

Mintyy Sat 20-Jun-09 19:22:52

Treat yourself to a cleaner just this once. Text all your friends who have a cleaner and say "does your cleaner fancy a one-off job at mine this week, pref Thursday afternoon - I will pay £30 for 3.5 hours". Send that text out now. Start on your shopping list tonight. Do the shop online Wednesday afternoon. Thursday afternoon work around the cleaner, make sure you have plenty of clean towels and sheets, tidy up for the cleaner as she goes. Friday afternoon make the lasagne.

You've got a whole week and you are only working mornings. Calm down, its really not too hard to achieve, you can do it, you really can grin.

bluejeans Sat 20-Jun-09 19:34:31

Any chance you can take Friday morning as annual leave? It'll be totally worth it if it means the differnce between enjoying the weekend or being a strssed out burnt out wreck

trefusis Sat 20-Jun-09 19:49:09

Message withdrawn

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 21-Jun-09 19:55:07

Hiya
I have calmed down a bit now. DH works funny hours but he has been helping me all weekend. We are getting my neephew in to paint the bathhroom and I have penciled in my day for doing the shopping although I am liking the idea of doing it online. I have calmed down now and knnow I will get therre.

Thhanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now