Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a mop for large tiled floor?

(6 Posts)
millingtonsmummy Tue 16-Jun-09 14:20:13

Hi there,

I've just moved house and now have loads of white (!) tiled floor to keep clean. I'm using a standard vileda mop at the mo but it's taking me sooooooo long to mop the floor. Can anyone recommend a new large sized mop?

Thank you!

jenhden Tue 16-Jun-09 21:43:56

i had a bissel flip it that is like a carpet cleaner in that it picks up the water but is for hard floors. it comes with solution but i ended up using disinfectant as its cheap doesn't foam and does the same job!

BigusBumus Tue 16-Jun-09 21:52:02

I also have an enormous kitchen and a pure snowy white tiled floor (which i actually CHOSE! I am a masochist obv).

I am quite the mop expert now as it has to be done every day and i have tried them all. <sad>

The best, by far, is the £2 Tesco Value Basics string mop, and the red, Vileda, string mop bucket, with the special mop-wringing-out section. And its not to do with cheapness, just that it works the best, quickest and easiest.

crockydoodle Fri 19-Jun-09 16:04:47

AGree with the Tesco Mop and when it gets stinky and manky it's cheap to replace.

poopscoop Fri 19-Jun-09 16:14:23

There is a new vileda string mop out which is really good. It was on offer in tesco a little while ago. Lots of strings so would do a large area quickly.

zeke Sat 20-Jun-09 12:23:01

I use those JML things - cannot remember what they are called. They have removeable blue heads and are made of long blue 'noodle' type things. You don't need to use detergent with them, but I do.
They are SO quick and work well too. When I have finished I just removed the fabric head an wash it. I have two - one to wash and one to dry.
I know you can get them from focus or poundstetcher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now