Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bissell v Vax carpet shampooers

(5 Posts)
Yeni Tue 16-Jun-09 07:49:33

I've just reserved a Vax carpet cleaner on offer at Argos but before I go and buy it I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm replacing an ancient Aquavac that just wets the carpet and sucks the water up again but with children and a cream carpet I need something a bit more heavy duty.

I'm looking at the Vax v-130 Oasis and the Bissell Proheat Powerbrush. The Vax isn't heated and the brushes don't rotate. Has anybody got any experience of either of those, or any other advice?

moonmother Tue 16-Jun-09 07:54:10

We have a Bissell, not the proheat, but the model below, and are very pleased with it. Haven't used a vax one but we have beige carpet right through the house, and before buying the bissell we spent a fortune on hiring RugDoctors.

The Bissell is very easy to use and got are carpets really clean, even getting some marks out that the rug doctor couldn't.

The cleaning formulas are quite pricey but Ideal World Shopping channel has them on special every few months , so we stock up then.

Yeni Tue 16-Jun-09 15:08:52

Thanks! I'm going to get the one from Argos and then have a good look at the specification because it isn't really clear from the website. The Bissell seems to have everything I need but the Vax is a bit cheaper because it is half price at the moment. I can't believe how bamboozled I am by something to wash the carpet.

I have lots of the carpet shampoo stuff because I use it for the one I've got. It is expensive hmm isn't it?

Joolsiam Tue 16-Jun-09 15:14:40

I'm looking into this at the moment - thanks to peeing cats - grrrr

Will run off and look at the half price Vax

Does anyone have any recommendations for something particularly compact (and hopefully cheap !) I don't have a huge amount of room to store such things.

moonmother Tue 16-Jun-09 19:46:57

Have a look at the Bissell website- we got a really good deal with our washer.

If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be £160 and they had reduced it to £95.

It was such a bargain we got their Pet Hair Hoover as well, and that was reduced to £50.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now