Talk

Advanced search

Hello, advice needed re baby clothes

(6 Posts)
audley Mon 15-Jun-09 09:02:15

Hi, I found Good housekeeping last night and am very excited! I am a bit of a back slidden Flylady follower!

Anyway, I am stumped as to what to do with my DS old clothes. We have been bagging them up and putting them in the loft for next DC, we will be ttc soonish. But, when does this go from being a good habit to amounting to clutter? DS is 16 months old.

TIA

MrsJamin Mon 15-Jun-09 09:04:59

As long as it's tidy, you've got enough space to store it and bagged up in sizes, it's just good sense, surely? Otherwise it's a lot of expense just to buy it all again? Another option is to lend it out to friends who have younger babies until you need it back.

LittleMissNorty Mon 15-Jun-09 09:08:21

I black bagged all the clothes that I would use for another DC (the grotty ones were slung and the impractical e-bayed) and put in the loft. The bags were labelled up (NB, 0-3, 3-6 etc). Toys went the same way. I even took all the batteries out grin before storing.

DC2 came along and was a DS so couldn't use any of DDs clothes (except some NB stuff) and have taken the lot to a boot fair hmm. One thing I have learnt is that DD had far too many clothes and DS doesn't need that many! However, its so easy to sort out when they're labelled.

This time, as I've finished with it they have been got rid of....no more babies in this house!

audley Mon 15-Jun-09 09:14:15

Thanks MrsJamin, well it is all bagged and labelled but it does tend to sit about in piles and then bags until DH gets round to putting it in the loft, then it is stuffed unceremoniously in so the little stuff will be hardest to get to when the time comes! Makes me a bit uptight! Also, there is only a limited capacity in the loft (I keep typing "lost - Freudian slip me thinks!) I guess I'll have to stick with it until next one arrives, then if it's a boy all well and good and if it's a girl I can do some therapeutic chucking out.

Anyone elso got some practical tips?

audley Mon 15-Jun-09 09:18:28

Yes, LMN, I was thinking about selling what I can on ebay and saving the money so DC2 can have new clothes, then there is no clutter and DC2 looks all new and fab. Plus it won't matter if DC2 is a gorgeous girl or born in summer rather than winter. Will lose money obviously but I think I am getting to the point where I can't abide anymore getting shoved into the abyss that is the loft.

hoping4thebest Mon 15-Jun-09 09:37:56

When ds grew out of things, I sorted according to age, but also boys or unisex clothes. When dd was born, I didn't have to look in the boy bags, I just passed them on and kept the unisex stuff.
Maybe you could have a box under your bed or somewhere that you could keep the sorted things until it goes in the loft?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now