Talk

Advanced search

dare I say this - have just been in the kitchen and it is full of ANTS -ewwww!

(9 Posts)
gigglewitch Sun 14-Jun-09 22:40:40

Have spread this revolting stuff called "nippon ant powder" everywhere - but any more suggestions for me? There are trails of them marching across my walls shock

IlanaK Sun 14-Jun-09 22:42:25

What type of ants? Are they black or are they tiny and red in colour?

plantsitter Sun 14-Jun-09 22:42:55

Urgh we had this once. Vacuumed them up and put a thin seal of blu-tack round where the floor and walls met, which seemed to do the trick.

plantsitter Sun 14-Jun-09 22:43:19

(as well as the ant powder).

BuckBuckMcFate Sun 14-Jun-09 22:44:19

Get an Ant Stop trap. I had ants coming in through the front bay window a few months ago and they were all gone (and have not returned!) within 24 hours

gigglewitch Sun 14-Jun-09 23:12:52

Thanks for replies.

they are common ordinary (revolting) black ones - it's the vast number of the flippin things that's alarming.

right. shopping list for tomorrow : blu tack grin, ant stop traps, more revolting powder

cornsilk Sun 14-Jun-09 23:14:32

I used to have them every bloody year. I blasted them with nippon and eventually they moved out. Little feckers.

gigglewitch Sun 14-Jun-09 23:16:01

am just so shock at it. ewwww they are makin me feel all itchy

lucykate Sun 14-Jun-09 23:18:51

what you need is nippon ant killer, it's a liquid. only true way of getting rid is to kill off the nest. see if you can trace where they are coming from, put a ring of ant powder down to contain them, the place the ant killer within the ring. they need to eat it and take it back to the nest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now