Talk

Advanced search

Silicon Oven liner, Is it worth it?

(8 Posts)
Gorionine Fri 12-Jun-09 20:03:51

like this one

because just like the add I hate washing the oven , will it work?grin

Washersaurus Fri 12-Jun-09 20:12:25

I have a liner like that I use instead of baking paper/tin foil when cooking, baking & grilling (its a cheaper version I got from Sainsbury's years ago). I don't know about using it in the bottom of the oven all the time but it is a fab product, I stick it in the dishwasher after each use.

Have you tried oven pride for the cleaning? Or there is a van I see a lot around here from a company who come out and clean the oven for you.

Gorionine Fri 12-Jun-09 20:24:38

I have tried oven pride, but it only worked (brilliantly I might add) for the oven grids. Is there another one that also cleans the bottom of the oven. I do not like the mister proper mousse, I find it hard to rince an feel like it leaves a smell onthe food for days .

Is the Fairy one any good?

Washersaurus Fri 12-Jun-09 21:02:57

I'm ashamed to say I can't answer that as the bottom of my oven is so grim I thought it might catch fire the other day blush. I get DH to deal with that sort of thing. I know that you can buy a tray to fit in the bottom of our oven to catch all the gunk, maybe we should....

PerfectPrefect Fri 12-Jun-09 21:09:44

I have a huge baking tray that I leave in the bottom (it is as big as the oven floor).

Still needs cleaning though.

girlandboy Fri 12-Jun-09 21:09:58

I've been toying with buying one, but I don't know if my oven has an element in the base or not. I can't find the manual.

Must have a good look for one, because I can't bear cleaning the bottom of the oven.

mrspnut Fri 12-Jun-09 21:10:28

Lakeland oven cleaner really does shift anything without scrubbing. I know this because I am a filthy scutter someone who cleans her over regularly.

Gorionine Sat 13-Jun-09 09:56:13

Thank you all, I think I willl go for the Lakeland oven cleaner and then the oven liner to finish the perfect oven look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now