Talk

Advanced search

getting rid of the smell of pee!!

(5 Posts)
6inchnipples Wed 10-Jun-09 14:33:05

DD age 2 has climbed into the spare bed last night (cos daddy in there) and wet the bed. The kids have waterproof sheets but the spare bed doesn't. Have given the mattress a good rub with antibac spray and then some persil wash liquid but it i can still smell pee.

ANy ideas how to get it clean or at least smelling better.

oneforward20back Wed 10-Jun-09 14:46:16

Bicarb disolved in warm water and soak area liberally. Leave to dry completely. Will also work with soda crystals

6inchnipples Wed 10-Jun-09 14:52:05

thanks will give it a try. Been drying it out with heater on just now and i can def still smell pee. YUK YUK YUK

6inchnipples Wed 10-Jun-09 14:59:14

Should the smell go as it dries rather than when its wet.. I have applied bicarb disolved in hot water but it still smells at the moment despite apllying and dabbing like mad!

oneforward20back Wed 10-Jun-09 18:11:02

depends on how concentrated the solution. It needs to be very concentrated. But also might have wet matress smell to so see. it does work I had to do this recently when cat messed on Ds' bed. It took soaking the matress in area properally with v. conc solution and leaving it to air properally. its a pain isn't it. If bicarb doesnt work try soda crystals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now