Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a vax or steam cleaner ?

(13 Posts)
Noonki Tue 09-Jun-09 21:14:13

If so is it worth it and what type do you have?

tia smile

Noonki Tue 09-Jun-09 21:22:13

oh and do they actually get stains out? (looking at big tomato sauce stain at my feet grin)

alicecrail Wed 10-Jun-09 08:53:23

I have got a bissell thing that hoovers (and filters the dirt through water) washes carpets/funiture/hard floors. It is very good, and i think it hoovers better than any other i have used. The only problem i have is that it's huge and quite heavy, so i have a cheapy little hoover upstairs, and the Bissell downstairs. Also very good if something leaks as it hoovers the water up.

I hope this helps at all.

Oh, and it's £250 in Argos but we got it for £200 online

smultronstallet Wed 10-Jun-09 12:55:13

Got a Vax and a Polti steam cleaner.

The vax is great for keeping carpets clean. The steam cleaner I don't use so much, but that's because I am a lazy slattern...it does definitely help with getting nasty stains out though.

Noonki Wed 10-Jun-09 22:12:59

oh thanks for the replies, I am going to go through the different types tomrrow smile

Noonki Wed 10-Jun-09 22:13:03

oh thanks for the replies, I am going to go through the different types tomrrow smile

Noonki Wed 10-Jun-09 22:13:03

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Wed 10-Jun-09 22:51:21

Alicecrail, do you mind if I ask which model you have? I've looked on Which and Argos and there seem to be several models.
I need something which can clean a large expanse of uneven slate floor without leaving puddles in the dips or breaking my back with scrubbing.

(Off to bed now but will check in the morning. thanks.)

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 10-Jun-09 22:54:39

we have a bissell pro heat II it is brilliant.

alicecrail Thu 11-Jun-09 08:29:11

Ours is a Bissell pro heat all rounder. It is very good on hard uneven floors, My friend borrowed it when she moved into her house to do her tiled kitchen floor.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Thu 11-Jun-09 12:00:58

Thanks - will look at Argos.

giveloveachance Thu 11-Jun-09 12:09:06

homebase have a sale on VAX steam cleaners - down from £150 to £60

saw it in the sunday papers.

Noonki Thu 11-Jun-09 17:57:42

ooh brilliant will have a look now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now