Talk

Advanced search

babys asleep and i could be doing so much- but im not...

(6 Posts)
booyhoo Tue 09-Jun-09 14:21:00

there are so many things i could be doing right now, the rest of the washing needs hung, upstairs needs hoovered, bathrooms need done, whole house needs a huuuge spring clean. parents have just taken ds1 (aged 3) on holiday for 3 days and ds2 (12 days old)has just fallen asleep for an unspecified amount of time and i am MNing. and i know i'll feel guilty later on for not doing all these things while i have the chance. but i just cant get my arse into gear and do them. someone please tell me this is ok. i dont want motivaion to do it, just a go ahead. not to.

AitchTwoOh Tue 09-Jun-09 14:22:42

<hi-fives booyhoo> you are not a drudge, you are a WOMAN with NEEDS. (to mn).

LadyOfWaffle Tue 09-Jun-09 14:23:48

Your baby is 12 days old! Enjoy the rest. My DS (9m) has just fallen asleep (not on my lap grin) and instead of doing housework I am eating pitta & houmous, MNing and watching House If anything, do just 15 mins then sit for the rest of the time. Or do just 1 job. But at 12 days I'd be sleeping too!

I'm having a cup of tea and Mning whilst DS sleeps, I'm sure there will be lots of time for housework when I'm dead.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 09-Jun-09 14:26:19

Possibly instead of sitting MNing you should be either getting a cup of tea or having a nap yourself. But you really do need to have time out to do what you want, and if MNing is what you need right now, carry on.

booyhoo Tue 09-Jun-09 14:26:30

everybody says i should be sleeping when he sleeps but i just dont feel tired. i slept loads during the day while pg but dont feel the need now. i dont feel like ive just had a baby, i just feel normal, if a bit lazier. OH spoilt me when he was home for birth so i have to convince my brain that its my job again to clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now