Advanced search

Help with bees....

(4 Posts)
LittleWonder Tue 09-Jun-09 12:59:33

So some bees are nesting in the roof. I need them removed. I phone the beekeeping society who inform me that as the bees are hard to reach, they cannot come and get them and I must phone the council.

I phone the council who say they can do nothing but give me a number for pest copany.

Pest company says £70 will do it or I can claim if on benefit. I say not on benefit but on family tax credits. They say will call back

They call back and say cannot help as bees are protected.

But they were not protected when they quoted £70


What do I do?

midnightexpress Tue 09-Jun-09 13:04:01

Hang on a minute, I got some information about htis the other day...

Right, this is from the British Beekeepers' Association. It says contact local environmental health dept, the police or the BBKA on 02476 696679 or visit Left alone, swarming bees are harmless; they will move on in a day or so. But it is important to collect them and return them to the care of a beekeepr as they can't survive in the wild (viruses and things).


LittleWonder Tue 09-Jun-09 13:22:59

They are not swarming. There is a nest and they have been there for weeks. The nest is near the windows to my son's room.

LittleWonder Tue 09-Jun-09 13:26:47

I will try those numbers and see. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: