Talk

Advanced search

Crib sheets that don't shrink anyone?

(4 Posts)
makedoandmend Tue 09-Jun-09 11:35:36

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but every mothercare fitted sheet I buy for our mothercare swinging crib shrinks when I wash and tumble dry it (I wash it at the right temp and tumble on low as per instructions) - I then have to get dh to use all his strength to stretch them out - and still they don't fit properly. It's driving me bonkers - has anyone else had this problem (mothercare says it's just me hmm)

oneforward20back Tue 09-Jun-09 23:56:50

I used the baby starter kit bedding from Toys'r'us and had no problem. Stilling using them but they are now togas, picnic blankets etc. They seemed to wear well

Have you checked the temp on your machine is working correctly? had one that cold washed everything and couldn't work out why washing tablets didn't disolve properally.

makedoandmend Wed 10-Jun-09 21:27:48

It doesn't seem to shrink anything else. Oh except my dh keeps telling me his T shirts are shrinking but I just thought it was his belly getting bigger grin

This is probably a really stupid question but how do you check the temp of your washing machine?

oneforward20back Thu 11-Jun-09 22:09:41

put in something old you know will shrink? no idea generally guess 40C and 40C clothes shrink-too hot, too cold -tablets not designed to disolve in cold not disolved hmm good question no answer blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now