Talk

Advanced search

Flyladies on Tuesday - lets race to the finish line

(44 Posts)
swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 09:08:29

Dcs' Sportsday has been cancelled, due to rain. Friday now.
So I can do a bit of curtain making smile

swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 09:11:22

Today's Zone is the kitchen.
Any links welcome from other flyladies smile thank you in advance.

My list is
quick routines
a bit of curtaining
try out new hoover
ironing
clean out cupboard under sink
make casserole for supper/freezer
put out old veg boxes for collection

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 09-Jun-09 09:15:57

First load of washing done
Had my laptop time!
DD still in bed
Sorted out clothes to take to mums, having a mass sort out of DDs clothes from 0-12mths and putting in storage by age and selling/getting rid of those don't want to keep so will be spending the day there.

TheMadHouse Tue 09-Jun-09 09:20:00

OK Links

mission

babysteps

grouchyoscar Tue 09-Jun-09 10:06:53

Hello ALL

I'm feeling sad, my Grim is stalking me. Boris has got the upper hand in a situation, I don't think I'll have the practical support I need if I want to do the teacher training so why bother. Madame Insomnia is about and I'm tired. I'm fed up of having nothing to offer anyone. I must be on a real downer, I've dug out some early Bunnymen stuff blush

OK, list so far

Up and showered
Shower Ed
Dress
Make bed
Down with mugs
Empty WM and sort to dry
Breakfast
Peg out 2 huge loads of washing
Help Ed dress
Teethcleaning
Bags and school walk
Home, Empty DW
Put away

TO DO

Loads, if I can be bothered.

It's going to be one of those days hmm

epimum Tue 09-Jun-09 10:08:54

morning all,
got the dc's home today we've all got colds,
and headaches sad
tmh thanks for your support yesturday, feeling alot more possitive today dh has regestered with some agency's,
Thanks to eveyone for your kind messages smile

so list for today:
get dressed
breakfast done
start to clean bedrooms
(sort out dc's toys they have loads)
clean bathroom
hang washing out done
put next load in washing machine
polish frontroom
clean kitchen & do mission
vaccum
wash floor

have a nice morning everyone, will check in again this afternoon bbfn

EHM Tue 09-Jun-09 10:10:20

grouchy big {{{hugs}}} from me & Ellie. I wish I lived nearer to offer help. As we always sing 'doing it, doing it together...we'll be friends for ever' lovebeingaMummy, swan & TMH hello. I am in Manchester at my sister's house arrived yesterday. wuill catch up when I get home.

epimum Tue 09-Jun-09 10:14:32

grouchyoscar hope your day improoves, try and stay possitve smile easier said than done i know, i suffer from insomia to, and its to cope when you cant sleep, i just wanted to offer some support to you, i hjave days like these alot your not alone wink

grouchyoscar Tue 09-Jun-09 10:48:42

Epi Thanks, I'm awful, I use this place to off load my problems blush Insomnia is terrible and it does my head in.

Early Echo and The Bunnymen records have actually cheered me up, well that and hunting for cheap DMs hmm

galen Tue 09-Jun-09 10:50:05

morning all.
swan thanks for thread.Good luck with the curtains...I'd love to be able to sew.

grouchy sorry you're not in a good place right now.That's a shame about teacher training.What support is it that you cant get? Have you considered other routes into teaching? You could possibly get a teaching assisstant job, and then if you could pursuade the scholl you can do on the job training to become a qualified teacher...would that help or not?Be kind to yourself. You do o much , and obviously have a lot to offer everyone, not least of all your family.Hope ypour feeling brighter soon.

ehm enjoy your time at your sisters.

epimum glad youre feeling more positive. Sorry about the colds though.

mad thanks for links. How's your day going?

lbam good luck with clothes sorting!

everyone-else Hi

Day going ok so far here.
Morning routines all done, calmer than yesterday!
School drop off done
Popped to morrisons on way home from school
Nappy wash finished and hung out!
Painted one wall of littlies bedroom(only magnollia, but they are getting a new border and walls need frshening up - they are filthy, and dd has drwn on them hmm)

To do:
Our en-suite, will possibly do this evening
Make dinner - cottage pie
More washing to hang out
Obtain passport forms...urgently!
2 school pick ups from diferent schools...hmm
Finish painting mural in big girls room that I started last summer shock blush
Sort some of photos on old pc now in ds room and transfer to laptop..

right better get on then
BBL grin

epimum Tue 09-Jun-09 10:59:20

grouchy im exactly the same dont know what i'd do if i didnt have mn to off load my problems, enjoy your records grin
good luck with searching for cheap dm's!!!
galen thanks smile

grouchyoscar Tue 09-Jun-09 11:03:31

Thanks Galen I'm getting there. I've just been sat sitting and surfing and feeling better for doing nowt blush

dylsmum1998 Tue 09-Jun-09 11:09:01

swan thank for thread

LBAM i loved sorting through dc baby clothes so many memories in there grin

GO sorry your not feeling great at the mo, what support is it you need?

EPI hope you and dc feel better soon

EHM and galen hello

ds walked himself to school this morning as we took his bike in for a service yesterday make sure brakes etc are in good condition, we pick it up this afternoon

done
-stripped beds
-load washer
-unload washer
-reload washer
-dd to nursery
-sort dry washin
-went to furniture recycling place got a pine welsh dresser for £30, very pleased as i really wanted one like i found, it just needs sanding and some tlc and will be in good condition.
-breakfast

need to do;
tindy
hoover
wash up
dust
s&s bathroom
mission
remake beds
iron
collect dc
collect bike

am very pleased as i finished one of my makes for the bathroom last night and it looks really good this morning. just need to sort the rest so i can put it all together and have the bathroom complete.

bbl must crack on

Tortoise Tue 09-Jun-09 11:13:38

Morning all.
Had a cross, grumpy, shouty start to the day and i am feeling down about it. And also really fed up with the state of this house(and me). sad
I should start by putting some clothes away. Piles of them in nearly every room. blush

swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 11:34:14

Good luck with clothes piles Tortoise. Poor you, feeling fed up. How is Mickey?
We often have shouty mornings, usually last five minutes. It is just an unending pushing things into kids' hands, isn't it - you've forgotten this, no you HAVE to take your raincoat, where's your ...etc etc.

TheMadHouse Tue 09-Jun-09 11:40:04

Morning all

Groucy I feel for you and like you TBH. Although I actually had a good nights sleep - brought on by my new medication, but it has left me feeling like a zomby sad I am hoping to pull myself together

Well done everyone else, I have ready the thread, but can not get my thoughts out very well.

Prof Thanks for the tip on the bras but none in my size unfortunatly

galen well done on the painting

Right to do list

Lunch for three of us
Surestart lady coming for an hour this afternoon
DS2 to nannas for an hour, so
DS1 can go to swimming lesson
Collect DS2
Whats for dinner - meatballs, veg and pots for boys, curry for us
Empty Fridge and Clean inside
Wash windows
Hoover and mop floor
Clean blinds
Wash down back door
ring bro
Ring friend
Chase up e-bay item, not delivered or e-mailed despite being paid for for 2 weeks
Add some items to sell
Washing (after swimming)
Room rescue - spare room

Tortoise Tue 09-Jun-09 11:53:10

Swan Thanks. Mickey is fine. smile It was DD1 causing problems this morning. Lost count of how many times i asked her to get dressed etc! Then she cried because she wasn't ready quick enough to have extra breakfast (She wanted a sandwich). Everything seems to be getting o top of me this week. Struggling to cope alone every single day. And XP has dropped Ds1 and DS2's tuesday night contact so i have to fund another nights meal and lunch box!

Also having extra worry about DD1 and DD2's contact! As from Sept SS are no longer able to fund supervising their contact with their dad so it will either stop or he will have to go to court. It is all dragging up painful and upsetting memoriessad.

Sorry, i should get on with these wash piles! I have bagged up winter coats to go in the loft! Shame the ladder is outside!!

Tortoise Tue 09-Jun-09 11:54:13

Meant to add sorry TMH and GO are having troubles too.
Need the sunshine to come back!

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 09-Jun-09 12:06:50

Hello all, rainey here! Had a pleasant morning (holding friends newborn while she showered and went to the loo solo!).

Induction at school so busy this pm, followed by the rainbow/bronwie extravaganza that is my Tuesday.

Bummer re bras Mad - nowt in my size either.

Poor old grouch - is it DH who is not providing support atm? Sorry that sounds damning, I know they are sometimes in need of additional training. Esp if boris and the grim have joined forces to get you. I know my friend got her (stuck in his ways) DH ready for her studying by doing access course. he has imporved lots.

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 09-Jun-09 12:07:52

Tort sounds like you are up against it too atm.sad

swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 12:13:15

You are doing fantastically well to cope alone Tortoise. I don't know how you have the strength, and you clearly do lots of lovely things with them, and give them your time (which is what they really want).
It sounds like an exhausting uphill struggle dealing with all the outside factors.

Have you thought about school dinners - mainly just to make life easier...would there be any funding for them?

Also is there anything you can do when they are in school which would be just for YOU - like a I hour morning course or helping in school or even just going for a swim? I found my spirits soared when I just did one thing outside my homelife. It's easy when you are at home to go round in circles, even when you feel there is too much to cope with even there.

swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 12:19:07

And for the record Tort, my dd behaves like that (re-dressing)often.
The only thing that helped was to get HER to lay out her own clothes the night before, and to tell her constantly how clever she was to get dressed grin

ShannaraTiger Tue 09-Jun-09 12:23:15

Afternoon everyone

Swan thanks for the thread. Wish I could do crafty things like make curtains - our living room ones come from dp's grandparents house and they are starting to show their age! hmm
LoveBeingaMummy good luck with the clothes sorting.
TMH glad your getting some sleep now. Know what you mean about feeling groggy.
Epimum hope the colds improve soon. Agree MN is a life savour for venting frustration. My epilepsy medication makes it really difficult sometimes to keep my thoughts in order, espcialy when I'm having a bad day and keep having 'absences' really breaks up a conversation! grin Hope your daughters epilepsy is controling atm.
Grouchy sorry you're feeling bad at the moment. I would like to go back into some sort of playschool teaching, but unless they can sort the epilepsy out I'm not sure I will be allowed to do it either. Really frustrating when your body gangs up against you! I just curl up and go to sleep sometimes otherwise I'd cry.sad
Tort hope you manage to resolve the financial and contact details without having to drag it all through the courts.

Done:
Washing, waiting to go in T/D blush
Lunch ds eaten and he's having a sleep. Mine eating and typing.
Fun fit this morning so no FLYing done.

To do:
Have a sleep. Sundays's race for life was great felt really good. Yesterday and today though I'm absolutely exhausted, which is not good as it makes the fits lots more frequent.
Will tehn have a general tidy and dust.

Slimming world diet is shifting the pounds nicely ( 5.5 in first week) though and I am feeling loads better for cutting out all the sugar and increasing the fruit and veg.
Hope everyone has a good afternoon.
BBL

dylsmum1998 Tue 09-Jun-09 13:31:39

quick update, am really lacking motivation today took me an age to get going!

done

-stripped beds
-load washer
-unload washer
-reload washer
-dd to nursery
-sort dry washin
-went to furniture recycling place got a pine welsh dresser for £30, very pleased as i really wanted one like i found, it just needs sanding and some tlc and will be in good condition.
-breakfast
-tidy
-hoover
-dust
-remake beds
-iron
-stupid addictive facebook quizes
-prepared dinner

need to do;
wash up
s&s bathroom
mission
collect dc
collect bike
dinner

am going to make lunch then try and get the rest done before i go and collect dc

grouchyoscar Tue 09-Jun-09 14:09:37

Did a big list of individual Thanks and the PC went potty and lost it. Well, prof has banged it right on the button, I get hardly any help with day to day stuff and I can't add study into the juggle.

Boris is being awful but, this too will pass

Tort You are a fab parent but you time is just as important. A few of us go for breakfast/tea and toast once a week and feel much better for it.

45 then collect Ed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now