Talk

Advanced search

Got a cleaner coming

(22 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:26:21

Message withdrawn

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 09-Jun-09 08:31:32

Dunno, but make sure you don't act like monica from friends lol...oh and enjoy!

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:32:37

Message withdrawn

TheMadHouse Tue 09-Jun-09 08:33:49

In my experiance, whatever you want them to do.

We had one for a month or two when I wasnt very well last year and she was a godsend. I got her to do all the things I hate or couldnt manage.

She did the skirting
made the beds
Mopped the floor
Hoovered the stairs
Dusted everywhere
Cleaned the loos
cleaned the bath

I tried to ensure the place was tidy, so all she did was clean up

She never did the kitchen tops or sink, as it is the one place that may not be tidy, but is clean

I hope you find her helpfull

TheMadHouse Tue 09-Jun-09 08:34:19

I never hid anything Riven

kylesmyloveheart Tue 09-Jun-09 08:35:28

you either trust them or your dont. i suppose that takes time.

dont act like you dont know what you want.

give them a list and its up the her to tell you what she can do in the time.

ohh and if your going out tell them you will be back they will leave early. lol

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:36:05

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:36:39

Message withdrawn

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Tue 09-Jun-09 08:52:28

Whatever you want her to do, make it clear! I worked as a cleaner for a few years and some people would expect me to be a mindreader.

So if there's something specific you want cleaned in the kitchen, say- for instance, the cooker canopy, or the cutlery drawer or whatever, make sure she knows. A list is a good idea.

Generally I preferred those who asked for just a general clean 'like you'd do at home'. This meant that I'd do the whole house/specified rooms each week but then would do odd things like cleaning out the cupboards/drawers, bleaching the grouting etc when I saw they needed doing. Once I even sugar-soaped the walls for them to redecorate!

(I wouldn't ask them to plump your sofa cushions in a particular way though. People who do that are Weird and get dropped for more reasonable clients. grin)

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 09-Jun-09 08:53:31

She got carried away thinking she was steraling her cloths and wearing them, 'its the perfect crime'

Anyway enjoy, whatever she does will be a help.

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:56:15

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:56:48

Message withdrawn

NorkyButNice Tue 09-Jun-09 08:57:46

If she's only doing a set number of hours then definitely prepare a list in the order you'd like things done, then you know the important things will definitely get done in the time.

We always make sure the house is reasonably tidy before our cleaner gets here, so she can spend her time cleaning rather than picking up toys and papers before starting work. Ours does 4 hours a week and gets all the rooms done (2 beds, 2 baths, 2 receptions, kitchen/diner), as well as doing all of DH's ironing.

Enjoy it!

BonsoirAnna Tue 09-Jun-09 09:08:20

Is your house tiday? If not, either tidy it before your cleaner gets here so that she can clean, or else be prepared to spend the morning with her showing her where everything goes so that she knows how to tidy your house.

Or else ask her to blitz one room eg the kitchen or the bathroom(s).

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 09:24:31

Message withdrawn

kylesmyloveheart Tue 09-Jun-09 17:09:26

how did it go?

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:44:44

Message withdrawn

kylesmyloveheart Tue 09-Jun-09 17:57:05

dont worry about it she is beng well [paid by SS.

i clean and theres only one lady who is there when i clean and she goes up stairs when im down and vice versa.

its only awlful (imo) if someones there when your cleaning toilets etc other than that it dont worry me.

kylesmyloveheart Tue 09-Jun-09 17:57:18

dont worry about it she is beng well [paid by SS.

i clean and theres only one lady who is there when i clean and she goes up stairs when im down and vice versa.

its only awlful (imo) if someones there when your cleaning toilets etc other than that it dont worry me.

TheMadHouse Tue 09-Jun-09 19:51:08

Why not take the opportunity to clean a cuboard out or something like that - I used to try to organise things around my cleaner - it meant that the understairs cuboard got cleaned out!!!

NorkyButNice Tue 09-Jun-09 21:20:53

If I'm here when the cleaner comes then I move floors as she does (we have 3 levels so she does top and bottom then I go downstairs and she does the middle).

Normally I make sure I'm out as it does feel ridiculously lazy having someone clean around you.

sarah293 Wed 10-Jun-09 10:58:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now