Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

curry stains on carpet

(8 Posts)
chelseamorning Mon 08-Jun-09 09:21:44

Can anyone tell me how to get curry stains out of a cream carpet?! I've tried Vanish once but not sure whether to keep persisting with it, or whether to try something else.

Thanks!

saz73 Mon 08-Jun-09 09:25:16

I'd give up, we have this a few years ago. Had professional cleaners in and they couldn't even budge it. Sorry I know thats not the answer you wanted to hear.

chelseamorning Mon 08-Jun-09 10:00:37

Honesty is the best policy, Saz!

The carpet will be replaced next year when we have our building work completed. Just trying to keep it looking as good as it can be with a toddler around!

Might try a little Milton as that gets curry stains of worktops...!

AnneliM Mon 08-Jun-09 23:19:47

Order yourself some Duo-P off the internet. its magic stuff. get it with the applicator brush, rub in, leave overnight and hoover next morning. Hey presto!

PerfectPrefect Mon 08-Jun-09 23:22:39

Curry stains are the only thing that are excluded on our insurance policy that we took out with new sofa. Not sure there is anything that will shift them.

Only try Milton if you want to cleach your capret.

chelseamorning Tue 09-Jun-09 17:55:24

Is Duo-P any different to the pink Vanish stuff, AnneliM?

Milton has helped to disguise the stain a little. It's not as noticeable but there has been a bit of bleaching. I'm not too worried about it. It could have been worse - it could have been on the cream sofa!

My DP has now banned us from eating TV curries! Like I'm the one who should be wearing a (man)bib!!!! grin

alypaly Sat 18-Jul-09 16:08:33

on white clothes use colgate white toothpaste and then cif . The curry stain goes bright pink and then it slowly comes out

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 18-Jul-09 16:11:15

I find babywipes are very effective at getting stains out of the carpet, and ours is cream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now