Talk

Advanced search

!00% linen bed linen

(9 Posts)
eeky Sun 07-Jun-09 23:18:40

anyone tried this or know of a good website? I know ruinously expensive but dh and I thinking of splashing out for a set for our 4th wedding anniversary coming up (which is linen, obviously smile). Have been told if looked after will last years.

Surfing t'internet just comes up with sites selling general bed linen rather than actual linen, iyswim. White Company sells patterned set but wanted plain?

meakin Mon 08-Jun-09 20:45:06

www.toast.co.uk/range/bedlinen/pure+irish+linen+bedlinen/pure+irish+linen+bedlinen.htm?categoryref=% 2fcategory2.aspx%3fcategoryid%3dbedlinen%26seoterm%3dbedlinen%26

LupusinaLlamasuit Mon 08-Jun-09 20:48:09

Isn't linen a bit, um, scratchy? 400+ threadcount Egyptian cottan, starched to a cool crisp, I get, but linen?

Danae Mon 08-Jun-09 20:48:27

Message withdrawn

eeky Tue 09-Jun-09 21:27:41

thanks all, sounds tempting! Will persuade dh tis an investment wink

jkklpu Tue 09-Jun-09 21:31:33

I'm sure it turns out to be lovely but you'll be ironing for hours each time you wash them, won't you?

hoarsewhisperer Wed 10-Jun-09 09:26:27

the white company have lovely linen sheets and the like - i got some last year. If you add starch to the final rinse water in the machine and iron when still slightly damp then hang up to air, they will be not "too" much work.....well worth it - especially on hot nights in the summer when they are much cooler than cotton

GrapefruitMoon Wed 10-Jun-09 09:27:57

My mum was given loads of these as wedding presents - she was very happy when they wore out and she could justify buying some which were easier to care for!

llareggub Wed 10-Jun-09 09:30:29

I can vouch for Cologne and Cotton. They have a very lovely shop near me selling all sorts of pretty things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now