Talk

Advanced search

carpet stain wont budge!

(17 Posts)
cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 15:44:56

ds2 had a poo accident in the bathroom(carpeted-eurgh),i scrubbed with fairy and water,i used a foam thingy,i vaxed but i cant still see it!!!arrgghh.anything else i can do?normally id be naughty and shove a waste bin or similar over it but its right in front of the door!and stupid carpets are creamy colour!

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:03:02

what's the carpet made of? if it is "proper" bathroom carpet, so to speak, it will be rubber-backed and you can actually get the entire thing and put it in the washing machine or the bath. Look at what kind of backing it has, which will give you the best sort of clue.
(thus speaks the daughter of five generations of carpet and household furnishers wink) Take a peek and report back?

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:06:01

grin i asked in the right place them!no its just normal carpet,same as the rest of the house.

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:12:28

eww. like hessian (brownish woven) backed stuff? Am baffled by the idea of anyone putting this in the bathroom tho, was it already there when you moved in? Any diea what it's made of - surely not wool shock

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:13:58

ps I knew having all the carpet debates as the only topic of discussion over dinner had to come in useful somewhere hmm grin

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:19:51

nope not even hessian.i hate carpets in bathrooms-its just dirty!yep here when we moved in.we are renting and the entire house except kitchen is carpeted in cream-i like it,it looks nice but blardy hard to keep clean and i dont like carpet in the bathrooms.no idea what made out of-as a no generation carpet person id say just looks like what id call normal carpetgrin

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:20:25

grin.youll be doing your family proud im sure!

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:22:49

A thought. Mr Muscle multi-task is the standard carpet cleaning stuff in our house, failing that my big bro, carpet-man-in-chief these days, says go for Biotex or oxy-action stain remover, with water at 40 degrees or less.

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:24:23

btw me too, we have ceramic tiles in ours. A pita to lay, but sooo worth it.

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:26:30

oooh thanks and thankyou to your big brother.i'll give it a go tomorrow!

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 16:33:11

have fun hmm
grin

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:34:38

thanks,i could just lock the door and never go in there again if it doesnt work.

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Jun-09 19:39:54

Or 1001 spray foam comes with a brush too thats pretty good or vanish, i have also used dr power (jml range £5) used it on chocolate on cream carpet and curtains dunno if that works on poo. Or go to somewhere like pets at home, they do cleaners 4 dog poo that should work.

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 22:12:58

i tried the 1001 thingy.didnt work sadly.

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Jun-09 22:26:13

Then the next best thing really is the cleaner for dog poo i'm afraid lol, when i had a dog ages ago and he pooed on the floor much to my dismay, + it was that cleaner that finally got rid of it, + dont 4get fabreze if it pongs.

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Jun-09 22:30:15

Or try vanish, i used the carpet foam one 2nite, it seems to bring the carpet up cleaner + fresher, but there were no harsh stains so dunno if it wil work, but they do another normal squirty one that u can use for stains that also helped, give it a go, it may take a few times but it should work

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Jun-09 22:35:52

ok thanks.i now have list of products.one must work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now