Talk

Advanced search

Do I use the least amount of washing-up liquid of anyone on MN?

(10 Posts)
bran Fri 05-Jun-09 20:44:53

The last time I bought washing-up liquid it was on a 3 for 2 offer. I can't remember exactly when I bought it but it was before the closing date of the competition on the back label, which was February 2007. I have an inch left in the second bottle and one full bottle under the sink. By my rough calculation I'm using about a bottle every 18 months, although I must have used quite a bit during the month that it took to replace my broken dishwasher.

I'm unaccountably proud of this. blush

LovingTheRain Fri 05-Jun-09 22:18:54

Do you wash up everyday Bran? I use the DW most of the time but we still manage to get through about a bottle of washing up liquid every month.

What's the secret to your success?

bran Fri 05-Jun-09 22:56:33

I think the secret is being very slovenly. blush Everything goes in the dishwasher, except the good china and cut glass which is very rarely used. Anything that does get washed using washing up liquid is done asian style by DH which I expect uses less. (Couple of drops of washing up liquid on a wet sponge, scrub everything then rinse in running water.)

I tend not to wash up at all because I am lazy it gives me contact dermatitis.

bosch Fri 05-Jun-09 23:01:39

Top excuse Bran, respect.

I get a sort of associated contact dermatitis from really hot water and that's why I don't wash up anything other than wine glasses, in warmish water. grin

littlelamb Fri 05-Jun-09 23:03:42

My washing up liquid lasts forever. In fact, I think the most I ever got through was when I decided it might be fun to make my hair stand up into a giant spike with a handful of Dax wax. I regretted that, I can tell you grin

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 05-Jun-09 23:05:41

You might win that one bran, but i win for the least amount of dog shampoo used, so there.

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 08-Jun-09 11:53:58

I realise this killed the thread, and i do apologise, but i was trying to be funny as i haven't got a dog. Oh dear...better buy a new joke book sad

Overmydeadbody Mon 08-Jun-09 12:05:40

Aaah you have a dishwasher. No wonder.

I have no dishwasher. A bottle of Fairy lasts me ten weeks. A bottle of own brand lasts me half the time, so I buy fairy.

IDidntRaiseAThief Mon 08-Jun-09 12:08:25

yeah the dishwasher is a major factor here!

Blackduck Mon 08-Jun-09 12:16:52

mine would last longer if dp (on the rare occasions that he washes up) wouldn't see fit to squirt a quarter of a bottle in the bowl....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now