Talk

Advanced search

arrrrghh mice!

(4 Posts)
omaoma Fri 05-Jun-09 14:30:56

just seen a little blighter on our bookshelves at lunchtime!!!! we had mouse poo last yr under the sink and my cat caught three (traps didn't work at all) but no signs since then tho i kinda figured they're around, just not coming 'upstairs' into human space which i can live with. SLIGHTLY freaked out now tho as we have a 5 mth old & if they can climb shelves can they get into cot/onto sofa??? & wot about her playmat and toys that have been on floor?????? advice?

guineamango Fri 05-Jun-09 16:28:37

I would contact your local council and ask for pest control to pay a visit.

omaoma Fri 05-Jun-09 19:10:19

yes hadn't thought of that - also worring about the whole mice wee thing? don't they carry diseases? do i need to disinfect everything i can see?

guineamango Fri 05-Jun-09 21:14:03

Not 100% sure, I would def give kitchen/baby related stuff a good clean and seal things in containers for now. Rats carry nasty diseases, don't think mice are as bad still not great to have around the house! If you have a cat they should help out! I had mice once and managed to catch them in humane traps with jafa cakes! I then drove them a long way and released them! Also you need to find out where they are coming in and block any access. They get in the smallest of gaps.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now