Talk

Advanced search

Hellllppppp- brand new carpet stained, now worse with vanish spray :-S

(5 Posts)
GYo Fri 05-Jun-09 08:30:29

Hi

New light coloured carpet laid on Wednesday. Yesterday DH dropped the box of gripper rods on it, these had dirty rusty grime on them.

Didnt come out with hoover or water so used some vanish oxi spray stuff on it- now there is big white patch and stain is still there...

Is there a way to get out the white mark at least or is it bleached?

So annoying as carpet is so new...

TIA

Seeline Fri 05-Jun-09 09:51:54

I'm guessing that the white patch is probably dried-up Vanish foam. I've had this if I've been a bit over-enthusiastic with teh spray!. Try vacuuming it again, and if that doesn't help, try rinsing with water. If it starts foaming again, that's what it is. Keep rinsing and drying (try not to get the carpet too wet). Once you've sorted that bit, I swear by the Vanish Power shot - it's got all sorts out of my carpets - paint, red wine, blackcurrent, felt pen ....

GypsyMoth Fri 05-Jun-09 10:04:29

Strange, always found vanish so good. Yes, try more water

jojosmaman Fri 05-Jun-09 10:25:48

Is your carpet wool? I was told not to use vanish on wool carpets as it leaves a mark and should use wool safe cleaner (which vanish isn't). Had the carpet prf cleaned a few months ago though and stain was removed.

Also, found a gem of a product for quick stain removal, "Marks and Spencers lavender carpet stain remover wipes", they are absolutely amazing and up to now, nothing has been too tough for them and I have a 2year old boy so have got through a pack already! Can't recommend them enough

nannyL Fri 05-Jun-09 20:13:07

i also managed to bleach my bosses dressing room (brand new cream) carpet using vanish.

it would have been mostly wool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now