Talk

Advanced search

Getting orange juice out of cream stainguarded carpets - please help

(4 Posts)
Concordia Thu 04-Jun-09 22:33:13

Ok so we bought the house new, ages ago and it came with ridiculous cream carpets that DH loved and I thought were VERY impractical. They are now dotted around with large luminous orange stains from DS's juice cup blush. I think the house builders put a stainguard thing on the carpets which makes them less likely to stain but harder to get stains out. We have tried with our newly bought VAX thing to no avail. Any ideas? {never wanted to give him juice in cup anyway but childminder did and now he refuses to drink water - GRRR}

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Fri 05-Jun-09 14:32:58

I've had grease stains on my (white wool) carpets that I've gotten out by soaking and placing a damp chamois cloth on overnight. As far as products go-this is the ultimate in cleaning products, AFAIK. A bit pricey but it's a concentrate so a little goes a long way. My best friend's husband had a pen explode in the pocket of his favorite suede jacket and the cleaners told him there was nothing that could be done but she got the stain out entirely with this soap. Certainly, it does carpet stains well (I've had cranberry, grape, wine, etc.) and makes a fantastic bubble bath too. {wink}

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Fri 05-Jun-09 14:33:41

wink

Concordia Sat 06-Jun-09 12:37:01

Thanks Tub, sorry for not replying sooner, have been cleaning up my terrible house, or something hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now