Talk

Advanced search

Can I wash a single duvet in a washing machine?

(8 Posts)
Buda Thu 04-Jun-09 16:53:08

Washing machine is larger capacity than others I have had but not sure what capacity - it's a rented house.

And then what about a double???

ChippyMinton Thu 04-Jun-09 16:54:37

I have done singles in my 6kg machine. Tip: use very little detergent because it doesn't rinse very well when stuffed to the gills.

psychomum5 Thu 04-Jun-09 16:57:07

if it fits, then yes it will be ok.

my washing machine has a mahoosive drum and does singles and doubles. not king size tho, mores the pity

Buda Thu 04-Jun-09 18:11:45

Thanks ladies. I will give it a go tomorrow with very little detergent.

Well. I might. Depends on the weather forecast!

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Sun 07-Jun-09 10:54:43

i have done a double (summer weight)duvet in my 7kg washing machine and it was fine

BeehiveBaby Sun 07-Jun-09 10:58:34

You can in mine, 7kg capacity. There is a washing machine forum you could ask on blush

ThePhantomPlopper Sun 07-Jun-09 11:10:01

I can in mine, 6kg one.

NotPlayingAnyMore Sun 07-Jun-09 12:31:43

You can wash your duvet in a small washing machine, but it will cause long term damage and therefore shorten the life. When it knackers both the motor and the concrete weight, it's down hill from there and you may as well start saying goodbye to your machine, as I found out to my cost (a couple of hundred quid) this week!

Take it down to the launderette if you can, where they have machines for the purpose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now