Talk

Advanced search

Bubble mixture recipe that works?

(11 Posts)
stressed2007 Thu 04-Jun-09 14:58:19

Doe anyone have a bubble mixture recipe they know works rather then me spending loads on the bottles of bubbles at ELC? I have tried this before and it did n't work so can someone promise me they have used the recipe before and it works? Thanks

mumblecrumble Thu 04-Jun-09 22:51:24

The only thing I've ever had work is real, brandd Fairy liquid,,,,

Mintyy Thu 04-Jun-09 22:53:15

Just plain washing up liquid with a couple of DROPS of water. Fairy if you must be a ponce about it wink

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:54:29

on a coiurse we wree told cheap bubble bath and add glycerine

notsoteenagemum Thu 04-Jun-09 23:08:36

I was going to say washing up liquid, water and glycerin or bubble bath, water and glycerin can be more eye friendly. Don't know quantities though.

mumblecrumble Thu 04-Jun-09 23:11:23

Hmmmmm,,,,, glycerine? What does that do?

notsoteenagemum Thu 04-Jun-09 23:22:25

I don't know tbh, Stablises the bubbles perhaps?
<<clutches at straws whilst trying to sound mildly scientific>>

FourArms Fri 05-Jun-09 07:17:34

I buy the big bottles from Tesco, which are at least cheaper than ELC. Sainsburys bubbles (in orange bottles) are the best though IMO. We go through a lot here blush.

Look out for bargains at the end of the summer when supermarkets often sell it off cheap. [sad bargain hunter emoticon!!!]

smartiejake Fri 05-Jun-09 08:21:01

Funnily enough our pupils did a science experiment a while back called the "bubble challenge".

They found that the cheaper washing up liquids (but not the cheapest I think "morning sun" came out well) definitely made the best bubbles but a few drops of glycerine (but not too much as that makes them more unstable again) makes the bubbles stronger and last longer before they pop. They filled a paddling pool with the solutions and made an enormous cylindrical bubble with a hula hoop round a child.

stressed2007 Fri 05-Jun-09 09:46:03

yes been buying the tesco - but still do about a large bottle ago - on a sunny week that is £8!

will try sainsburys too.

Want to try and make my own so where do I get the glycerine from? pharmacist? And how many drops to how much washing up liquid? ideas?

Thanks all

AnarchyAunt Fri 05-Jun-09 09:49:02

Some of my friends swear by No-More-Tears shampoo with water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now