Talk

Advanced search

Bubble mixture recipe that works?

(11 Posts)
stressed2007 Thu 04-Jun-09 14:58:19

Doe anyone have a bubble mixture recipe they know works rather then me spending loads on the bottles of bubbles at ELC? I have tried this before and it did n't work so can someone promise me they have used the recipe before and it works? Thanks

mumblecrumble Thu 04-Jun-09 22:51:24

The only thing I've ever had work is real, brandd Fairy liquid,,,,

Mintyy Thu 04-Jun-09 22:53:15

Just plain washing up liquid with a couple of DROPS of water. Fairy if you must be a ponce about it wink

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:54:29

on a coiurse we wree told cheap bubble bath and add glycerine

notsoteenagemum Thu 04-Jun-09 23:08:36

I was going to say washing up liquid, water and glycerin or bubble bath, water and glycerin can be more eye friendly. Don't know quantities though.

mumblecrumble Thu 04-Jun-09 23:11:23

Hmmmmm,,,,, glycerine? What does that do?

notsoteenagemum Thu 04-Jun-09 23:22:25

I don't know tbh, Stablises the bubbles perhaps?
<<clutches at straws whilst trying to sound mildly scientific>>

FourArms Fri 05-Jun-09 07:17:34

I buy the big bottles from Tesco, which are at least cheaper than ELC. Sainsburys bubbles (in orange bottles) are the best though IMO. We go through a lot here blush.

Look out for bargains at the end of the summer when supermarkets often sell it off cheap. [sad bargain hunter emoticon!!!]

smartiejake Fri 05-Jun-09 08:21:01

Funnily enough our pupils did a science experiment a while back called the "bubble challenge".

They found that the cheaper washing up liquids (but not the cheapest I think "morning sun" came out well) definitely made the best bubbles but a few drops of glycerine (but not too much as that makes them more unstable again) makes the bubbles stronger and last longer before they pop. They filled a paddling pool with the solutions and made an enormous cylindrical bubble with a hula hoop round a child.

stressed2007 Fri 05-Jun-09 09:46:03

yes been buying the tesco - but still do about a large bottle ago - on a sunny week that is £8!

will try sainsburys too.

Want to try and make my own so where do I get the glycerine from? pharmacist? And how many drops to how much washing up liquid? ideas?

Thanks all

AnarchyAunt Fri 05-Jun-09 09:49:02

Some of my friends swear by No-More-Tears shampoo with water.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: