Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

100% linen skirt

(5 Posts)
BlueCowWondersAgainAndAgain Thu 04-Jun-09 10:32:18

no lining, very plain etc. Would you wash it? The label says dry clean but not sure if I really need to.

macherie Thu 04-Jun-09 10:43:17

I always wash linen that has a dry clean lable on a regular cycle, 40 degrees then an extra spin and hang it up to dry, iron it when its about 70% dry and it should look perfect.

If you're a bit nervous use a delicates cycle at 30 degrees.

I wash silk and cashmere like this as well.

Local drycleaner doesn't get much business from me!

BlueCowWondersAgainAndAgain Thu 04-Jun-09 10:47:49

my worry is shrinking...

Trying to work out what is more cost effective if it's a good quality skirt that I got very cheap (so would I replace it if it did shrink!)

macherie Thu 04-Jun-09 11:10:28

If you do it at 30 deg delicate the chances of skrinking are minimal, as that's practically cold.

Or if your machine has a cold wash, do that.

I've never had any problems with shrinkage.

I think the main thing is not to let it get too dry ie don't tumble dry it, that's what would cause the shrinkage as the fibres contract.

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Sun 07-Jun-09 10:53:05

i washed (and tumble dried) a 100% linen skirt and although it needs an iron, it looks and feels the same as it did before the wash.

I did it in the washing machine on a hand wash programme and then cool tumble for 30 minutes before hanging it on a hanger to finish drying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now