Talk

Advanced search

Dyson hose broken - can you get replacements or is it new vacuum time?

(11 Posts)
Flamesparrow Thu 04-Jun-09 09:47:02

Had it about 5 years now.

The hose has a HUGE hole in by the top (about 1/4 holding on still), works semi ok when holding it carefully, but DH will break it (if he uses it...) within about 2 seconds.

Can you get replacements?

abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 09:48:33

you can get spares for dysons- but it is a good excuse for a new one grin afaik spares can be quite pricey.

Flamesparrow Thu 04-Jun-09 09:54:17

As much as I would love a new one, money is non-existent, so repair job will be cheaper (unless it is £100 + for a hose...)

Will go google

TitsalinaBumsquash Thu 04-Jun-09 09:55:00

Our new hose cost about £20 from Dyson.

TitsalinaBumsquash Thu 04-Jun-09 09:56:20

look here

Flamesparrow Thu 04-Jun-09 10:01:37

Love you

lulalullabye Thu 04-Jun-09 10:21:08

We also got one from dyson too. Very easy to fit etc. Then bloody thing blew up six months later !! It was ablout 8yrs old though.

tommypickles Thu 04-Jun-09 14:11:04

I got a free one sent to me from dyson cos it was under a year old, same has now happened again so got to buy it, but only 20 quid!!!

CMOTdibbler Thu 04-Jun-09 14:12:52

Dyson will come out and fix your dyson for 50 quid all in. Ours blew its motor up, they came within 2 days and sorted it all out. 1year guarantee on work too

Fizzylemonade Thu 04-Jun-09 16:40:58

I heart my dyson, had it 10 years, it has been serviced by dyson once, they come out and .....

lay a special dyson branded rug out on your floor, strip down your dyson (after they have diagnosed the problem by listening to the dyson on the phone) fix problem, check filters etc then dyson up the crap and dust with your dyson to show it works and all is well in the world, roll up the rug and away they go.

£50 well worth it.

I had a new hose for mine last year, £20. A joy not to have to buy a whole new one grin

<fizzy lies down after getting excited about a flippin vacuum cleaner and plans how to get a life>

welshdeb Thu 04-Jun-09 19:45:52

Definately get them to come out. Its well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now