Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Own up - who has a dirty, stained Enamel Bathtub?

(10 Posts)
Eve4Walle Wed 03-Jun-09 19:13:25

I have!

I don't know how to get it clean. It was in a pretty bad state when we moved in almost 4 years ago, but it's getting worse, despite my best efforts. I think it's late 50's/early 60's, and it shows.

How can I clean it properly without damaging it? Tried limescale remover but it won't work and I am losing the will with it now.

GentleOtter Wed 03-Jun-09 19:17:34

We have very peaty water which stains enamel so the toilet, sink and bath look hellish.
I use Ajax but have had to use wet and dry sandpaper too.

dittany Wed 03-Jun-09 19:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madlentileater Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:38

we have
but hardly ever use the bath (we have showers, honest!)...so doesn't bother me that much. I guess our house is what was called...er...arty...on another thread
you can get them re enammeled, or you used to be able to get little DIY kits for small touch ups.

onebatmother Wed 03-Jun-09 19:29:54

oh me, me, me.
Only thing works is Flash gel with bleach, orange lid. I think it's pretty noxious and is no longer available anywhere except Waitrose (presumably because only the middle-brow can be trusted with it grin)

Aaanyways. it works. Also good for grout cleaning (leave on for an hour) and facial hair-lightening.

onebatmother Wed 03-Jun-09 19:32:06

not really, obv. in case any of you are spectacularly derbrained [girn]

noddyholder Wed 03-Jun-09 19:47:44

A whole box of aeriel and v hot water Leave overnight should do it

EachPeachPearMum Wed 03-Jun-09 20:57:56

yy- bio washing powder. You can put some in a jam jar with some warm water, and just use that with a cloth to scrub too...

fatjac Thu 04-Jun-09 15:37:54

Another vote for bio washing powder. Fill it up with hot water and leave overnight.

Satsuma1 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:51:27

I was told by the guy who re-enamalled ours to use T-cut. Have to careful to rinse well though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now