Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your TV screen?

(6 Posts)
basementbear Tue 02-Jun-09 10:27:14

This might be a silly question, but how do you clean the TV screen? We have just got a new flat screen TV and I don't want to damage it!! I have just been dusting it until now but there are a few spots on it that I need to get off.

Advice much appreciated!

ChopsTheDuck Tue 02-Jun-09 10:34:20

Get a screen cleaner from Dixons or wherever. I kept putting off buying it, thinking £10 for a cleaner was absurd but the tvs weren't getting properly clean so I finally gave in, and it cleaned them up like new! You only need a tiny bit, and not every time you clean it, so well worth the money really.

BonsoirAnna Tue 02-Jun-09 10:35:13

You can (indeed should) buy a special product - I have a Dr Beckmann screen cleaner and a microfibre cloth.

wotulookinat Tue 02-Jun-09 10:43:19

I use window cleaner, but we have a very old TV so I'm not too worried about it. I didn't know you could get special TV cleaner.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 02-Jun-09 10:44:16

<wonders if confession of using a tea towel when I feel it looks really dusty is very bad>

basementbear Tue 02-Jun-09 10:50:56

Thanks everyone - will go to Dixons. I'd looked in our local supermarket but couldn't find anything that seemed suitable. I used to use window cleaner on our old one too cos it was only small and cheap but I am too afraid to make a mistake with this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now